losing weight

I am having the hardest time losing weight, I am on a 1200 calorie diet and i exercise 5 to 6 days a week, and the scale does not move,, any suggestions?????

Replies

• janetg830
    janetg830 Posts: 17 Member
    How much more should I be eating. I don't want to gain anymore weight. I have the Dr's baffled to what is going on w my weight loss.
  • How many calories are you burning a day?
  • Ok, well, more than likely you need to eat more.

I burn between 600-1300 a day. You have to consume more when you burn more. Sounds funny but it's the truth. I am eating between 1300-2000 calories a day.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    How much do you weigh? How tall are you? What kind of work do you do? That affects how many calories you need to be eating.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Are you measuring your portions, recording even those little bites of things, and drinking your water. I find that everytime I chat with someone not loosing weight they are not measuring and weighing portions.
  • janetg830
    I do measure my portions and I drink about a gallon of water a day.. and I exercise atleast 5 days a week of aerobic walking.
  • janetg830
    I now weight 230 and I am 5'8" tall and I am unemployed. I start work this week.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Change up the type of exercise you do. Walk 3 days, and do a yoga video or something the other days. Your body will react to change. Make sure that you're eating a healthy 1200 calories instead of 1200 calories of junk. Measure everything religiously, and you should start to see a change.
  • janetg830
    How have you lost so much weight?
  • janetg830
    How much more should I be eating. I don't want to gain anymore weight. I have the Dr's baffled to what is going on w my weight loss.
    Go up to goals, where it says "calories burned through daily activity." multiply that number by 0.80 eat that many calories.
  • janetg830
    I will try to eat more.
  • janetg830
    Go up to goals, where it says "calories burned through daily activity." multiply that number by 0.80 eat that many calories.
  • janetg830
    How have you lost so much weight and how long did it take you?