Cleanse - why you are lucky they don't work

Options
Keeping it simple but I can reference or go into the details of any of these points:

1) Arsenic is the most common heavy metal poison which we can consume or breath.
2) Arsenic is metabolized in the liver by a process called methylation - the resulting metabolite is then cleared by the kidney and excreted in urine.
3) That intermediate metabolite is extremely toxic and cancerogenic. It is important that the amount being produced is cleared quickly. The "detoxing" process of the liver actually increases the bioavailability of the metabolite and increases the cancer causing effects of arsenic.
4) It has been suggested that the resulting metabolite is less dangerous because the rate of production is matched by the rate of clearance
5) if cleanses worked and increased the liver detoxification processes such as methylation, the resulting metabolites would no longer be cleared sufficiently fast resulting in more toxic metabolites being left available.

A cleanse that works to improve detoxification processes would likely result in higher bioavailabilty of the most toxic form of arsenic. Remember, arsenic is the likeliest heavy metal we encounter in certain foods (like fish...) and the environment from various manufacturing processes.

Carry on with that super cleanse.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I enjoy your posts.
  • Vinnie130
    Vinnie130 Posts: 21
    Options
    Agree to disagree. The detox diet I am currently on is the most life altering thing I had ever done.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I <3 you.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Agree to disagree. The detox diet I am currently on is the most life altering thing I had ever done.

Possibly, but if it was actually activating your liver and increasing methylation you would possibly be in serious trouble down the road. In no way does my post negate the mental and perceptual benefits you might see, just that if it actually did something in the liver you could be in serious problems.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I believe that your step 5 misses the holistic cleansing of unspecified toxins in an unspecified way. Try though I might, I've never been able to stab fog.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

What are you disagreeing with exactly?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    I believe that your step 5 misses the holistic cleansing of unspecified toxins in an unspecified way. Try though I might, I've never been able to stab fog.

You are right! Step five does not cover holistic cleansing of uncertain molecules, unicorn farts or fairy dust!

It is however a documented and proposed process: where normal methylation might be a valid detoxification if intermediates do not accumulate.

First reference
    The toxicology of arsenic is complicated by its ability to convert between oxidation states and organometalloidal forms. These processes cause differences in the relative tissue-binding affinities of the various arsenic species, and they determine both the intoxication and the detoxification mechanisms. In this review, a chemical hypothesis of arsenic biomethylation is developed from an examination of data and observations presented by researchers who conducted numerous in vivo and in vitro experiments. It is likely that a combination of pathways is actually used during methylation of arsenic in vivo, and that the principal mechanism depends on various factors affecting the cellular environment. Despite these uncertainties, several observations can be made: (i) glutathione (GSH) is required for reduction of arsenic(V) to arsenic(III) species in preparation for enzyme-catalyzed oxidative methylation; (ii) GSH is not involved in monomethylation once arsenite is formed, but GSH is involved in dimethylation by reducing methylarsonic acid [MMA(V)] to methylarsonous acid [MMA(III)]; (iii) GSH is also required in the methylation of arsenic by stabilizing the reductive nature of the cell; (iv) a different methyltransferase is used in each methylation step; (v) dithiols (either a cofactor or the methyltransferases) are required for both mono- and dimethylation and (vi) where dithiols are involved, oxidative methylation reduces the stability of the arsenic-sulfur complex and permits dissociation of the arsenic species. This lower affinity of the pentavalent organoarsenic species for dithiols is part of the reason why methylation of arsenic can be a detoxification mechanism when the As(III) intermediates are not permitted to accumulate.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8403081
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I didn't understood most of it but I know you're awesome and now I know that we're awesome because our body automatically says to cleanses "Oh HEEELLLLLL NAWW!!!"

Keep on rocking Zyntx!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I disagree with gravity. Also numbers. It's just a theory, I mean have you ever counted to a trillion?
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    5) if cleanses worked and increased the liver detoxification processes such as methylation, the resulting metabolites would no longer be cleared sufficiently fast resulting in more toxic metabolites being left available.

You made step 5 up. It's just your theory. Why wouldn't they be no longer cleared sufficiently fast enough? Is the detox just going to speed up methylation and not the removal?

Detoxes done right speed up liver detoxification all the way to the toilet bowl.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

Hi
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Hi

mlfw2320-my_brain_hurts.jpg
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

You made step 5 up. It's just your theory. Why wouldn't they be no longer cleared sufficiently fast enough? Is the detox just going to speed up methylation and not the removal?

Detoxes done right speed up liver detoxification all the way to the toilet bowl.

You'll find out that I make up very little on science subjects. Please see the reference I posted. Step five is NOT my theory but a published, PubMed referenced article. It is a theory but there is a body of science of various articles backing it up and others on metabolite availability. BTW, the arsenic metabolitles are also the reason we see an increase in cancer in the kidneys - the are NOT accumulating arsenic but the metabolite. I can dig up the reference for that too - not MY theory.

edit: Saying that I made it up is a weak attempt at opprobrium, I invite you to explain to me the specific changes that are created in the GFR that show a speed up in the kidneys. Since GFR is something that can be easily measured, I expect that you can pull a simple reference that shows such an increase as observed in a detox. Either provide creatine clearance levels study or a labelled water reference. If you can do so, I will seriously consider that we might have a reasonable counter to at least one of the articles supporting point 5.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Can you please enlighten us as to which specific detox(es) are demonstrated to speed up both liver detoxification and the kidneys' removal of which elements/molecule(s)?

Thanks in advance.:happy:
  • TheDevastator
    Options

You'll find out that I make up very little on science subjects. Please see the reference I posted. Step five is NOT my theory but a published, PubMed referenced article. It is a theory but there is a body of science of various articles backing it up and others on metabolite availability. BTW, the arsenic metabolitles are also the reason we see an increase in cancer in the kidneys - the are NOT accumulating arsenic but the metabolite. I can dig up the reference for that too - not MY theory.
    What metabolite specifically of those mentioned is causing the problems?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I disagree with gravity. Also numbers. It's just a theory, I mean have you ever counted to a trillion?

^^^ this

Gravity is but a myth invented by people who are too lazy to try to fly. We have all been brainwashed at birth to believe that we can't fly because of gravity, but if we work hard enough to get over this brainwashing, we can, in fact, fly.

Gravity is basically force at a distance, pfft!!! that breaks some laws of physics. And no scientist has yet been able to find any graviton particles.

Also, there's no such thing as light. Light is merely the absence of dark. Lights do not emit light, they suck dark. They appear brighter the closer you get to the light, because that's where they are sucking the most dark. If you don't believe me, then take a dead battery out of a torch and open it up. It's full of dark powder. That's all the dark that the torch has sucked. The battery dies because it's sucked too much dark. The sun may appear to be giving light, but it's actually an extremely efficient dark sucker. Space is mostly full of dark, but the area around stars appears to be brighter, because stars are such efficient dark suckers.

[/pseudoscience]
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Interesting, thanks for sharing.
  • TheDevastator
    Options

Can you please enlighten us as to which specific detox(es) are demonstrated to speed up both liver detoxification and the kidneys' removal of which elements/molecule(s)?

Thanks in advance.:happy:
    http://balancedconcepts.net/liver_phases_detox_paths.pdf
    The foods that speed up the phases of liver detoxification and removing from the diet those that hinder it.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    must sleep, could be arsenic metabolite poisoning.