OATMEAL what's your recipe?

Options

Replies

• emobarbie7
    Options
    This is not a recipe but more of a find. I have tried many oatmeal products in the past but never really liked any of them to make them part of my breakfast lineup. But a couple of weeks ago, by the recommendation of a fellow dieter, I tried the Better Oats (OatFit) instant oatmeal and not only did I liked it but now I'm hooked on it. It's only 100 calories per serving, easy to prepare, just follow the packet directions, and it's specially delicious if you sprinkle some cinnamon on top. It comes in different flavors but I specially like the "maple and brown sugar" one. Bought it at HEB.

absolutely amazing....i ahve been addicted to Oatfit for about 8 months now.
  • loosesealbluth
    loosesealbluth Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many of these have been mentioned but these are my go-to recipes. I usually make it on the stove with 5-minute oats.

• 1/2 cup oatmeal (made with water) and 1/2 cup cottage cheese: ~240 calories
    • 1/2-2/3 cup oat, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 tbsp peanut butter, splenda: ~280-330 calories
    • 2/3-3/4 cup oat, 1 egg (optional), 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 tbsp hershey special dark chocolate cocoa powder, splenda: ~240-335 calories
    • 2/3-3/4 cup oats,1 egg (optional), 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, splash of vanilla (again, optional), cinnamon to taste, splenda: ~230-325 calories

Hopefully none of my calorie calculations are off lol. Math has never been my best subject! I try to get some protein in my oatmeal via eggs/cottage cheese when I can because I'm vegetarian. Another way to spice up the vanilla oatmeal is by steeping the water/almond milk you use in vanilla tea before adding it to your oatmeal. I'm sort of lazy and have only done it once or twice, but it adds a lot of really delicious flavor!
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a lot of the baked oatmeal recipe an earlier poster linked to from Epicurious--my husband even likes this one and he is not much of a breakfast eater. I tend to use coconut oil instead of butter just because I have it around and like the flavor, and like the previous poster I don't bother with the portion you're supposed to sprinkle over the top. Make sure your bananas are good and brown, that helps with the flavor and sweetness a lot.

Lately I've been experimenting with overnight oatmeal/refrigerator oatmeal. If you look on Pinterest this seems to be all the rage and you can find all sorts of recipes. So far my favorite has been a coconut mango one (cases of mangos were on sale last week and I'm trying desperately to finish mine off).
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    Mine is pretty boring I think, I dice an apple and add a TBSP of peanut butter and some ground flax seed
  • luv_2_lift
    luv_2_lift Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tlove1111
    Tlove1111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have Cinnamon Roll flavored protein powder & I put 1/2 scoop in my oatmeal. It's a balanced & yummy meal ????
  • glassxxballerina
    Options
    Overnight oats!

Oatmeal + milk + ingredients = soak overnight in fridge

My favorites includes pumpkin pie filling, raisins and pumpkin pie spice or cooked apples with cinnamon.

Sweeten to your liking!
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    i make proats (chocolate protein powder, tbsp flaxseed oil, multigrain oatmeal and water), and after microwaving it i leave it in the freezer for two hours and it comes out cold and slightly gooey.
    sounds gross but tastes delicious :)
  • stoutsfitgal
    stoutsfitgal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When it's warmer I make refrigrator oatmeal. You can get lots of recipes from Google or Pintrest. My fave so far is using 1/2 cup quick oats, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, half a banana ( cut up), 1/2 cup blueberries and a couple drops of vanilla. Mix in container and stick in the fridge overnight. In the morning I will mix in some chopped walnuts or almond slivers.

Love this recipe! So using it! Thank ya much!! :smile:
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    1 apple
    1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
    1/4 cup oats
    2 tbsp chia seeds
    water
    cinnamon
    almond butter (or any nut butter)

Heat pout with coconut oil and cook chopped apple for a few minutes, add water and the remaining ingredients!
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I soak my Steel Cut Oats in the pot on the stovetop overnight and they cook much faster in the morning. I love adding Fresh ground Raw Almond Butter, Blueberries and Protein Powder. Lately I've been adding PB2, Chocolate Protein, and a splash of Unweetened Almond Milk.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I don't like oatmeal, only in cookies, but I'm going to start adding them uncooked into my smoothies and see if I can eat them like that.
  • slimcakelady
    slimcakelady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Just now ran across this one. I'm making it...the chocolate chips and the PB2 are my add in's, the initial recipie did not call for them.

oatmealcookie_zpsdb051512.jpg
    Breakfast oatmeal cookie
    1.5 cups of oats
    2 to 3 super ripened bananas
    1 cup of unsweetened applesause
    Handful of craisins
    Sprinkle of cinnamon
    Dark chocolate chips (my add)
    PB 2 (2 tbsp) (my add)
    Put on a baking sheet for 35 minutes at 350 degrees
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Baked Banana Oatmeal Bars (Topped with PB)

Preheat oven to 375. Slice up one banana (or 2 if you want) to layer on the top.

1) Combine the dry ingredients:
    ■2 cups rolled oats
    ■1 tsp baking powder
    ■1/4 tsp kosher salt

2) Combine the wet ingredients:
    ■1 egg, beat
    ■1 mashed banana
    ■1.5 cups skim milk (I use soy, works great!)
    ■1 tsp vanilla

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix well.

Line an 8″ pan (square or round) with parchment paper (for easy removal and cutting!).

Pour batter into pan. Top with remaining banana slices.

Bake for ~26 minutes or until firm and golden. Let it cool. Then slice into 8 servings and freeze in plastic baggies or foil.

Every morning I take one out, throw it in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes and top with 1 tbs of peanut butter. Tastes delicious and under 300 calories! Enjoy :smile:
    Just made these...yum!
  • momma2thekz
    momma2thekz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have learned to love oatmeal! It is my go to breakfast. I love that I can make a bowl and set down with my coffee and slowly eat it and start my day off right. When I go on vacation I still start my day with oatmeal. Here's how I make mine.
    1/4 cup Quick Oats
    1/2 cup Water
    Microwave for 1 min
    Add 1 tbsp. Butter (yes, the bad stuff), 1 tbsp sugar (yes, the bad stuff)
    2 tbsp Golden Raisens (SO YUMMY)
    2 tbsp Dried Cranberries (SO YUMMY)
    Sometimes I cut up some apple to add to it. It is so filling!
  • jennikraken
    Options
    1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    water to cover oats
    1 Tbsp ground flax seed
    1 Tbsp sliced almonds
    1/2 banana sliced
    dash of cinnamon

Pour oats in saucepan and cover oats with water. Set on medium heat. While it comes to a boil add the almonds, cinnamon, banana slices, and flax. Once cooked to soft fluffiness add the 1/2c almond milk and pour into bowl. You can even sprinkle with coconut flakes for some extra sweetness. Healthy and delicious!
  • Mzohh
    Mzohh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I eat my oatmeal plain. Water+Oatmeal microwave and thats it. I know alot of people doesnt like to eat it like that. But i dont mind at all.
  • FenderGuy
    FenderGuy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal. I make it on the stovetop with Old Fashioned Quaker Oats. While it's cooking, I throw in a few raisins. Not too many. When it's done, I mix in some Walden Farms pancake syrup and about a tbsp of 1% milk.

I'm about ready to go to bed, but now I'm craving oatmeal! I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow.
  • rupee1
    rupee1 Posts: 2
    Options
    check out Skinneytaste for theBaked oatmeal with Blueberries & Bananas. Delicious