I still feel 30lbs fatter

Options
Just need some good old encouragement.

About a year and a half ago, I took five months and lost 40lbs. Woot for me. Then I moved, got a new job, and watched my best friend die of leukemia in October. I guess all of the late nights in the hospital and the long hours took their toll, because I gained 20lbs back. Well, I've managed to kick almost almost 10lbs back off, but these last weeks have been murder--I just don't feel motivated. Anyway, I look in the mirror and I see a sad fat chic.

This is just no fun.
mebefore.jpg
at 192
memid.jpg
at 163
I'm not one to beg for pitty, but it's been sort of rough.

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mom in October from ALS, after caring for her in my home in her final months. You have had a LOT of stressful events and they just add up one right on top of another emotionally for you. Keeping in mind everything you have been dealing with, just remember that every little step helps. Each little thing you can do. You did it before, and you are going to do it again. This site is super helpful and I am sure you will get lots of positive feedback. Keep up your good work! :flowerforyou:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry your best friend died from leukemia; I've taken care of people with leukemia and it's very difficult on family and friends (obviously the person with it too).

There is a huge difference in your before and after picture. I wish you the best in your journey
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    You've come a long way! Your before and after to vastly different.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Keep your head in the game, girl! Well it's not so much a game though is it? You know I found it more motivating when I got a friend to do this with me (she uses the livestrong website) so we can ask each other about what we're eating and exercising and all that good stuff, is there anyone at all you could convince to go at it with you?

You look amazing and even if you have a few step backs (which we all will) you've got to dust yourself off and give it another go. I'm really sorry for your loss.. Best of luck and you can do it!

1005334.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Keemeri
    Keemeri Posts: 74
    Options
    When things get stuff....always think of the loved one and what wold they tell you to do....push forward, be grateful, and make the most of the time you're given.

So with that...go kick some butt!
  • StrengthInPain
    StrengthInPain Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    i think you look amazing!! i am sure your best friend would be proud of you. i can't imagine the pain associated with your loss, but i can tell you have come a long way, and i am sure you can continue with your success!!
  • Sweatin
    Sweatin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your lose. There is nothing worse in this world than to lose a loved one. I know that everyone out there has lost someone that ment alot to them. I lost my work partner and dear friend almost 3 years ago in a house fire, doing what he loved, serving and protecting others. I couldnt believe for the longest time that he was gone, that I would never see him again, and wondering how could he leave. Since he died I gained about 30 lbs, I lost my desire to workout, to run, to lift weights to eat healthy, and fell into a slump, I truely can say I just lost all ambition to live a strong life. Slowly over about the last year I realized that just becuase he wasnt here in person his spirit was, and I was the one that was gone who quit living. I learned alot from him and knew that he was looking down saying "what are you doing to yourself? How are you going to help others when you arent helping yourself?" Some days I still get mad, wondering why god has to take the good people and leaves so many bad. I see and deal with "evil" people everyday, I have came to the conclusion that I havent done all the work I was put here to do and myself and many other like you are left to make this world better. I started putting myself first, remebering the good times we shared and the memories I have of him. Since Febuary 5, 2010, Iv lost almost 20 lbs, my energy is back, my sky is no longer gray. Time heals all pain. Find strength in yourself, your loved ones and your memories, charish everyday you have, life really is short. Dont be hard on yourself, take the time you need, kick butt when you can, and keep going.
  • courtshort86
    Options
    That's a lot to take in! Stress can take different tolls on different people. You have to look at the positive and not the negative! You've done it once and you can....WILL do it again!

If you see a "sad fat chick" in the mirror....SMILE at her, she will smile back I promise :):)

And if ya gotta, dance, shake your hips, laugh at yourself!

laughter is the best medicine.

You will come out of your funk. Just stay positive!

Best Wishes!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much. These silly feelings of doubt and frustration do pass, and with encouragement they seem to evaporate. You are all really wonderful.