One year story....of success!

Options
bmwauug
bmwauug Posts: 54 Member
One year ago....March 17, 2012...I started my journey. 235lbs, 26% body fat, 38 waist....I booted after doing day 1 of INSANITY - yes, the fitness test!

One year later, today...I woke, up, ran 6.5 miles (8:30 pace) did 37 burpees, 37 pushups, weigh 60lbs less, 11% body fat, 34 waist, have actual abs! I am so thankful for all of you and your inspiration every day!!

In the past year, I have...completed INSANITY, ran several races, 2 half marathons, won a 3rd place medal at an 8 mile race - ran a 5k is 23 min - I couldn't even run a full mile 1 year ago. I joined a basketball league and play the entire game. I was one of the top re-bounders in the league!!

my life has changed - I am active - EVERYDAY - I walk, run, do boot-camp, lift, even just take the stairs or park far away - I eat balanced - EVERYDAY - I understand portions, understand lean, avaoid anything fried!

I am so thankful - and proud of myself. When folks asked - what did you do?? I tell them that i tried this radical program called...EATING HEALTH and EXERCISING!!!

Replies

• andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    LOL totally agree, there is no quick fix just a lot of hard work. Congrats on your success
  • krrs1980
    krrs1980 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful. Sounds like you have a lot to be proud of!! Way to go and good for you :)
  • blindedbyawesome
    blindedbyawesome Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    very inspiring thanks for the post.
  • karriechambers
    karriechambers Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    wow good for you, such an inspiration!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    outstanding work! Congrats. I started at a similar place, so I know you must feel great.
  • neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Nice work, congratulations on your awesome achievements !
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats :)
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Well done! I can imagine how you feel, compared to 1 year ago. Your year of adventure and self improvement is important to give others hope as to "what can be". Thanks for sharing.
  • Linzrific
    Linzrific Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    always nice to hear how sticking to your plan (whatever choice it may be) gets you the results you hoped for - sometimes beyond! Congratulations!
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Congratulations your dedication definitely paid off!!! Impressive :) You so deserve it!! Now bask in the happyness :D
  • bmwauug
    Options
    The biggest accomplishment is how I feel -this isn't "work" anymore, but part of a good life. Mind and body!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    that is absolutely amazing accomplishment.Well done! :drinker: Btw where are the before/after pics?
  • MJMARIN81
    MJMARIN81 Posts: 49
    Options
    Congratulations man! I'm so glad I can call you a friend here. That is one helluva improvement.
  • bmwauug
    Options
    Thanks brother! We've been hanging for a year - ever since insanity!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!