Feeling Tired Question.

jessicajoy87
jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I always feel so tired. I think that it is abnormal. How do I know if its normal fatigue vrs something else?

Replies

• summersk
    summersk Posts: 59
    If you are always tired no matter what it is not normal. You should probably see your doctor. I though just because I had 2 kids and was approaching 30 that being tired was normal and cam with the territory, I was recently diagnosed with thyroid cancer. I'm not trying to scare you or anything, but you really should have yourself checked out. Most of the time you can just answer a few questions with your doctor to give them a better idea of where to start looking. I hope everything turns out okay for you. :smile:
  • Thanks. Sorry about your cancer. I hope you are doing good. I will try and see my doctor. I just don't feel right.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    I was battling extreme fatigue for awhile, but also suffered from insomnia..double whammy, a checkup found I was overtraining, It never hurts to get a medical opinion.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    I agree with those two responses above. The doctor can order a blood test, at the very least, and see if you are anemic, or some other problem--hopefully easy to fix. Doesn't take any time and it is always good to get an annual checkup.
    I am not saying you need the following info, but someone reading this might: There are multiple free sites in cities, if you want to save money--The health department is where I always went before I had insurance.
    Take good care of yourself.
  • imagymrat
    I agree with those two responses above. The doctor can order a blood test, at the very least, and see if you are anemic, or some other problem--hopefully easy to fix. Doesn't take any time and it is always good to get an annual checkup.
    I am not saying you need the following info, but someone reading this might: There are multiple free sites in cities, if you want to save money--The health department is where I always went before I had insurance.
    Take good care of yourself.

I keep forgetting that most people on the forums are from the US and don't always have medical help available to them at no cost. I should never assume!! :embarassed:
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Are you feeling any brain fog?

::EDIT:: The reason I ask is because you say you just don't feel right. That was the best way I could describe the brain fog I was feeling just a couple weeks ago. I determined it was from low blood sugar. I had just started a heavy lifting program and was not eating accordingly.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    I was always exhausted, and found out I had sleep apnea, so even though I thought that I was getting plenty of sleep, I really wasn't. Doctors can be lifesavers - literally!
  • Do you take a multi-vitamin? I had the same problem so my doctor did blood work and found that I was extremely deficient in Vitamin D. So I take a Viactiv calcium chew with Vitamin D plus Women's One a Day. The doctor also said I wasn't eating enough calories - I work out 5 days a week & burn between 600-800 calories each workout & was eating 1200 calories a day. She said my body was going into starvation mode & that contributed to my fatigue. So I upped my calories to 1600 calories a day on workout days and 1300 calories a day on my 2 rest days. I also make sure I eat tons of veggies & fruits a day. It's worked like a charm. Good Luck to you!
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    I was also feeling very fatigued all the time. I had a blood test and a sleep study. I found out that I have thyroid disease and sleep apnea. Since treating these things, I have had such an increase in energy. I still get tired, but can easily make it through a day without naps (used to be literally impossible). It never hurts to consult your doctor. I hope that you find an answer! Best of luck!
  • imagymrat
    Are you feeling any brain fog?

::EDIT:: The reason I ask is because you say you just don't feel right. That was the best way I could describe the brain fog I was feeling just a couple weeks ago. I determined it was from low blood sugar. I had just started a heavy lifting program and was not eating accordingly.

That's something I see quite often in the gym, I had a lady just collapse on me, freaked me out, turns out low blood sugar.
  • Thanks everyone. I will deffinately see my Dr.
This discussion has been closed.