I ate so much yesterday!

But I only netted out at 169 over my calorie limit! And I'm okay with that once in a while.

That's what I love about this site. In the past, had I been trying to lose weight, I'd have considered yesterday a complete failure and probably given up. But being able to track things and know approximtely how much wiggle room I have makes all the difference.

I knew we would be eating more yesterday, so I made sure I put in some extra time on treadmill in the morning. I ate well...even had wine...enjoyed myself and still only went over by a little bit. While I hate seeing those red numbers, I had to remind myself that I was still in a significant deficit. My goal is to lose 2 pounds/week, so that's a built in 1000 calorie/day deficit. I only went over by 169.

I wouldn't do this every day, but it was nice to feel like I splurged even though I didn't completely ruin my eating goals.

Replies

• Lorri1957
    Lorri1957 Posts: 40 Member
    I agree 100% with you. In the past if I had cheated it was an excuse for me to quit because felt I had ruined my diet. MFP has shown me that I can slurge once in awhile and I can still succeed in losing weight. Good luck to you, you seem to have it together.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    What I do when that happens is just pop a workout dvd, the easy ones that burn calories like the walk away the pounds ones, you can just burn that in 30 minutes.
  • angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    I did the same thing on friday night, i ate ok all week and then my weakness was Chinese food on friday, my husband wanted a Chinese and i said yes so that was it way over my calories , i did the same thing last friday, hoping not to make a habit of it lol