NSV - My Cat is Uncomfortable

Options
Today is my 60th day on MFP and I've lost 18 pounds so far. Not much, I know, which is why the NSV's are so valuable. I've had two this week which I just have to share with you.

1. Went to my Mom's house where my baby brother is home for spring break. He kept looking at me, then finally asked me if I had changed my hairstyle. (He has not seen me since before Christmas). I told him I just had not had my hair cut in awhile because I couldn't get to the salon. He responded that it looked great! LOL. I'm really happy because I feel like what he is really seeing is the subtle changes that 2 months of healthy eating and a loss of 18 pounds have brought about. He couldn't put his finger on it, but he noticed! Yay!

2. I found a stray kitten last summer, took her home, and of course now she is my constant companion and best friend >^..^<
So anyways kitty keeps me company when I'm at my computer. She has always found a nice warm nest sitting on my chest cushioned by my bosom and tummy. Lately I've noticed she fidgets a lot and has to re-position or she'll slip off. Poor kitty her mattress and pillows are shrinking away. Again, Yay!

Those are my two NSV's for today ;)

Replies

• Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Well done, kitty will soon get used to the new you.
  • goldiejoe
    goldiejoe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well done, kitty will soon get used to the new you.

Wow! Well done back at you! 105 pounds lost...terrific!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I had to come and check out this thread! Love your NSV:)
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    lol Love the kitty story!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    What a great couple of NSVs!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    cute kitty story congrats... mine have the same issue she used to perch on my belly buts its not there as large as it was before
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    My first cat grew up on my boobs! LOL From the time he was a kitten, he curled up on the left side of my neck. As he got bigger, he stretch down to my boobs. He was the sweetest little kitty I have ever known! :heart:

Congrats on both of your NSVs! My kids have taken to playing a game of "run around Mommy's ankles while she does her walk at home video" or "attack the big bar Mommy is trying to lift." Sometimes my boy chomps my toes while I am doing bench presses. :laugh:

Your cat will learn new habits, just as you have!
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    What a delightful post to start the day. Thank you. !8 pounds since you started? That is awesome, you are on track and doing great! Keep it up and stay focused on the main goal.
    Today is my 60th day on MFP and I've lost 18 pounds so far. Not much, I know, which is why the NSV's are so valuable. I've had two this week which I just have to share with you.

1. Went to my Mom's house where my baby brother is home for spring break. He kept looking at me, then finally asked me if I had changed my hairstyle. (He has not seen me since before Christmas). I told him I just had not had my hair cut in awhile because I couldn't get to the salon. He responded that it looked great! LOL. I'm really happy because I feel like what he is really seeing is the subtle changes that 2 months of healthy eating and a loss of 18 pounds have brought about. He couldn't put his finger on it, but he noticed! Yay!

2. I found a stray kitten last summer, took her home, and of course now she is my constant companion and best friend >^..^<
    So anyways kitty keeps me company when I'm at my computer. She has always found a nice warm nest sitting on my chest cushioned by my bosom and tummy. Lately I've noticed she fidgets a lot and has to re-position or she'll slip off. Poor kitty her mattress and pillows are shrinking away. Again, Yay!

Those are my two NSV's for today ;)
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I can tell you from personal experience that your kitty will adjust to the changes. My cat has finally adjusted, but it was pretty funny watching his eyes go wide as he slid from his perch for a week or so.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Great NSVs and by the way 18 lbs in 60 days is a great accomplishment, don't sell yourself short. Way to go you!! :)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Love the kitty story!:laugh:
  • gailwbh
    gailwbh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love NSV more than what the scale says! congrats!
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Love ur story, just give Kitty time to adjust.......Great NSV's.......I would like to add you....
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! This is actually why I'm in a bulking phase - - my kitty hates a soft chest and prefers firmer pecs for her back.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    18 pounds in 2 months is a great accomplishment!

Also, stupid newbie question, but what does "NSV" stand for?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    NSV = non-scale victory, like fitting into that old dress or losing so much weight you're able to fit your cat into your waistband.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I have a brand new kitty! This is so cool. Good for you that you're getting healthy, AND we live kind of near each other. We should totally get together and have a playdate for our cats!
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    NSV = non-scale victory, like fitting into that old dress or losing so much weight you're able to fit your cat into your waistband.

Thank you! :smile: