I think I'd like to meet someone but not sure

Options
Wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me, I've never really had any confidence with women, never had a long term relationship.

I've lost weight become more outgoing and friendly and am feeling really happy at the moment.

I'm not sure what I want short term, long term, just really want to be kissed. :blushing:

I can never tell if someone likes me or not and I'm kind of nervous as it's been so long.

Replies

• cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    She likes you -- she makes eye contact, leans toward you, smiles a lot, may play with her hair or toss her head; may touch your hand, shoulder or face. If you are on a date with someone, and she displays this behavior, kissing is very likely in your future!

Best of luck!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....I'm not sure what you're asking but if you want to meet chicks and get laid...go hang out and just be yourself. Just go with the flow. Confidence is sexy, so BE CONFIDENT.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....I'm not sure what you're asking but if you want to meet chicks and get laid...go hang out and just be yourself.

Straight forward is always good.

Coming from an old lady here- (38)
    No pick up lines, no cheesy crap, don't lie, be a gentleman but not a wuss.
    And yes, confidence
  • zaxaz
    zaxaz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Happy people are attractive, regardless of size. Nobody wants to be with a depressed old grump.
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Everyone deserves a chance to love and be loved.
    Truth now, you got yourself in shape not only for good health but to meet someone.
    Get out there, and just enjoy socializing.
    When someone is interested, she will send out signals. Eyecontact is the easiest to notice.
    If you are interested as well, approach and show interest.
    Ask her questions about herself.
    Listen. (Good practice if it does go somewhere)
    Enjoy
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    if you're shy, then you need to practice not being shy.

practice making small talk with strangers in places where such small talk is normal, such as the grocery store, in an elevator, at the dry cleaners, etc.
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Arranged to meet a girl later for drinks, met her last year and got on well, she doesn't come out much though and has cancelled before.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Arranged to meet a girl later for drinks, met her last year and got on well, she doesn't come out much though and has cancelled before.

She seems just as shy as you...she's perfect. Good luck.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me, I've never really had any confidence with women, never had a long term relationship.

I've lost weight become more outgoing and friendly and am feeling really happy at the moment.

I'm not sure what I want short term, long term, just really want to be kissed. :blushing:

I can never tell if someone likes me or not and I'm kind of nervous as it's been so long.

Not giving a damn about the outcome is a great substitution for confidence, if one has never had it, I think. Tends to give the illusion of confidence, if you don't yet have it.
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You never know until you try.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    just find the drunk ones
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    and keep in mind, it might take a while to find someone who meshes with you.
    Don't complain about being friend zoned, that is the quickest way to be labeled as a d-bag. Just because you are interested, doesn't mean she will be, but it doesn't mean you can't have an awesome friendship.
    Also, if you are friends, chances are she might have a friend she could introduce you to, or at least you get practice talking to women.

the more people you talk to, the higher the chance you will meet someone you click with.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    just find the drunk ones

This.

OP listen . . .

You think you want this but it's just a trick that's been beat into your head by shows like Grey's Anatomy.

All you really have to do is get the drunk, pretend like you're interested, and ask them a bunch of questions and ****.

Then they do a whole lot more than kiss you.
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    just find the drunk ones

this is such a skeezy, d-bag comment.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is hard to tell if someone likes you. Time is valuable so if she's taking the time to listen to you or hang with you, odds are you have a chance.

But if unsure, take the direct approach.

XTW79Tx.jpg
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    it helps if you take some of the pressure off the situation and just casually date, no expectations, just hangout and see where it goes.
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    She sent me a face book message with her phone number and has confirmed she is coming out.

The only problem is she wants to go to my local so I'll probably see loads of people I know.
  • Nicki_101
    Nicki_101 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Take a chance.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is hard to tell if someone likes you. Time is valuable so if she's taking the time to listen to you or hang with you, odds are you have a chance.

But if unsure, take the direct approach.

XTW79Tx.jpg

or

rSHntpm.jpg
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Awesome, so you will be in your comfort zone and can just be yourself. You want her to like you for you and not cuz you are pretending to be something you think she wants. Good luck dude!