Should I be eating more? Looking for advice

Options
I know that I don't want to starve myself. I've gone that route and always fail. So after doing abit of reading I decided I would change my goals to lose slower. I upped my calorie goals to just over 1700, so I would lose about 1/2 pound a week. I can live with that and be happy. Splurge occasionally and stay on track almost every day.

My concern is I just started again less then 2 weeks ago and have lost about 6 pounds in that time. I know its always easier to lose when you first start but I'm not sure if this is still to fast. My food diary is open to everyone I believe. I know I don't always eat the best but I eat food I enjoy. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated. Should I stay were I'm at? Should I up my calories?

Replies

• marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Anyone willing to help with suggestions?
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks good with plenty of protein. I wouldn't change anything. If you just started 2 weeks ago, that quick weight loss was probably just water.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Without knowing your stats, it's hard to know what would be the most appropriate calorie intake for you. However, I would give it a few more weeks to see. It's very common to lose a good chunk of water weight in the first week or two, so give it a bit more time and see how you get on. If you continue to lose at that rate, it would probably be a good idea to increase a bit.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input I was starting to worry it was too quick, although its a nice feeling. lol I am 5'7" and weigh 199 know. I will relax and give it some more time.