Frustrated

So which is more accurate? The scale at my gym or the one at my doctor's office? I've been logging my weight by going off my scale at the gym.

Went to the doctor Friday and scale was higher by 7 lbs! It read the same exact starting weight I had when I started this damn journey.

I'm frustrated. Either that scale is lying or I really haven't lost a single pound even though I really feel like I have (my clothes feel a tad looser).

I'm doing everything I can. Yes I indulge every now and then, I'm only human.

I stopped drinking 1/26, changed my eating habits, took up yoga and aim for the gym on the weekends.

Felt really de-motivated when I left the doctor. She made mention she felt my thyroid felt enlarged. I did have tests done two years ago and they found small nodules.

At any rate, I still think the scale is lying :)

Replies

• mechelemc
    mechelemc Posts: 59 Member
    I've encounter that same frustration. We have a scale @ work that occasionally is off it's very frustrating, But I've learned to also judge by how you feel and how your clothes fit. There have been times where I've lost nothing but my measurements has gone down. The scale is truly just one of many tools we can use. Don't get discouraged it sounds like your are going in the right direction :)
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    If you feel the need to weigh, pick one and ignore the rest. Each is different. I only count the one at the gym and believe it or not the one at the doctor weighs less. Scales do not tell all but do not compare them. Just like comparing MFP to your own HRM just use one and stick to that. Everything is basically an approximation.
    Don't stress over it.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    "The only one that matters is the one you use regularly. " - @GuitarJerry well said!!! it is all about using a consistent tool - If it is not the scale people get hung up on it is the calories burned. The websites say one thing, the heart rate monitors something else, and people just don't get it that the software in the HRM and the website equations are different. Even different brand of HRM use different software and you wont get the same result.
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    All of the above and you do not look like you have to lose weight.
    If you feel better and fit better, you probably are better.
    Take it. You win!