Fresh Pasta Question

I know dry pasta is a different weight to cooked pasta but what about fresh pasta? I have some fresh wholewheat tagliatelle that I'm planning to have for dinner and it says on the packet that 125g is a serving size. So does that mean 125g straight out of the packet? Tried googling and didn't get a definite answer, figure you guys would know. Thanks :wink:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,310 Member
    Yes. 125g before cooking is one serving.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Really? neat!
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    You could always do the math, number of servings times the number of grams should give you the whole package weight.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Yeah it's a real pain. I really wish they would give the cooked calories, because I don't know about you but I usually don't only cook for myself.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    The number of grams in a serving is straight out of the package for pastas, fresh or dried. The pasta will increase in weight when cooked but this weight is water and so has little or no effect on the calorie or nutrition counts. Use the calorie counts given on the package for the uncooked serving.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    The number of grams in a serving is straight out of the package for pastas, fresh or dried. The pasta will increase in weight when cooked but this weight is water and so has little or no effect on the calorie or nutrition counts. Use the calorie counts given on the package for the uncooked serving.
    Thanks for this.