Calorie Dilema

Options
So if i'm eating leftovers from yesterday, that i counted in yesterdays calories.......................is that free food today?

(e.g i made a pan of soup and counted 240 calories in yesterdays, but only ate half and eating the rest today)

PS: i was under yesterday so adjusting to half & half won't make much difference

UM not sure

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    As long as your average works out, that sounds just fine. I'd have to go back and edit the previous entry, just for simplicity's sake. But that's just me.
  • karrianne32
    karrianne32 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'd probably go back and adjust it! Keep an eye on your weekly average. As long as it evens out, it should be ok. As I'm regularly told, you have to eat all of your basic cals and some of your exercise ones!
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I get what you're saying, but that would drive me crazy on my own food log. I see logging as a learning tool. If I under-ate one day, I want to be able to see that. If I had too much sodium the next day and went up a pound the day after that, I want to be able to go back in my diary and see that so I can try to figure out where the gain came from.

But quirkytizzy is right, if the calories all average out, that's fine. It's all a matter of personal preference.
  • karrianne32
    karrianne32 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    But if you aren't logging what you actually ate, how will that help you when you look back? Just a thought!