fatty fat

Options
13»

Replies

• jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have PCOS or not (we're friends and most of my friends do, so this is why I am automatically going there), but such women are more prone to belly fat. I'm quoting WEB MD here, but it matches what I've had doctors say.

"PCOS makes it more difficult for the body to use the hormone insulin, which normally helps convert sugars and starches from foods into energy. This condition -- called insulin resistance -- can cause insulin and sugar -- glucose -- to build up in the bloodstream.

High insulin levels increase the production of male hormones called androgens. High androgen levels lead to symptoms such as body hair growth, acne, irregular periods -- and weight gain. Because the weight gain is triggered by male hormones, it is typically in the abdomen. That is where men tend to carry weight. So, instead of having a pear shape, women with PCOS have more of an apple shape."
    yes i am suffering from PCOS......... so isnt there any method of reducing fat if we are suffering from PCOS?......... do we people have to live with pot bellies for the rest of the ife span?
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have PCOS or not (we're friends and most of my friends do, so this is why I am automatically going there), but such women are more prone to belly fat. I'm quoting WEB MD here, but it matches what I've had doctors say.

"PCOS makes it more difficult for the body to use the hormone insulin, which normally helps convert sugars and starches from foods into energy. This condition -- called insulin resistance -- can cause insulin and sugar -- glucose -- to build up in the bloodstream.

High insulin levels increase the production of male hormones called androgens. High androgen levels lead to symptoms such as body hair growth, acne, irregular periods -- and weight gain. Because the weight gain is triggered by male hormones, it is typically in the abdomen. That is where men tend to carry weight. So, instead of having a pear shape, women with PCOS have more of an apple shape."
    yes i am suffering from PCOS......... so isnt there any method of reducing fat if we are suffering from PCOS?......... do we people have to live with pot bellies for the rest of the ife span?

Well, if you eat a healthy deficit, you will lose fat and some of that fat will come from your stomach. I also keep carbs in moderation to help lower those insulin and hormone spikes (I stay around or slightly under 100g a day). I've lost six inches off of my stomach in two months (45 inches off my entire body). You just can't target the stomach fat alone. Everything will come in time.