addicted to sweets!

2»

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Exercise, then eat 2 cookies
    Make sure you fill up on real food first. Junk tends to lead to that empty feeling quicker.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Good luck! I love sweets too- and cant eat just one. I also love cereal! There is not a magic fix. First would be dont buy it- another trick is put peppermint gum in ur mouth- nothing tastes good after that.......:)
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Don't delude yourself into thinking you can eat just one cookie. I'm like that also, it's a heck of a lot easier for me to not have that one cookie than it is to only eat just one. You can say all you want about training yourself to eat in moderation, but some of us are better off to just say no to certain foods.

im the same...its better for me not to have any sweets, i CAN NOT stop at one....what has been helping me right now is the paleo diet, i have been on it for 17 days and the craving are ALMOST gone.... good luck
  • Aradhna1
    Aradhna1 Posts: 4 Member
    I have the same problem. So I try NOT to buy stuff I can't resist or restrict to one! But with kids, I must admit - it's not easy. Why, just tonight I made a batch of brownies. I knew I couldn't eat just one. So I cut my portion of 3/4ths of a regular brownies into thin strips :) I did it!!!!! I stopped at the end of the strips. And then i walked out of the kitchen. :) It wasn't easy and i can't promise I'll be as good again - so best to cook or buys as little as possible of those irresistible treats!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I eat think thin protein bars. A little pricey, I pay $1.25 for one at Kroger groc store on sale, some weeks $1.69 so I try to store up when they are the cheapest.

I have not eaten sweets since, this fills me up, give it a try. Sometimes I have 1/2 and the other 1/2 later. I guess it is all that protein that is satisfying. 20 gr protein
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Knowing it's a problem is the best place to start. If I have a glass of wine with/after dinner for a few days in a row, the few days following without KILL me.... I'll have a horrible sweet tooth. Same if I eat dessert a few days in a row. So those days when I'm not having sweets and I'm roaming the kitchen looking for something, I usually realize right away what the problem is.

My BEST solution? I don't keep sweets around. Like right now I have ice cream, and I guarantee I will eat some every night (within my calorie limit) until it's gone. Wine.... I tend to buy a few bottles at Trader Joes, but I only have one chilled, and don't chill any others until I'm ready. And we just don't keep sweets around. Otherwise I'd never succeed at this. I just don't have the willpower!
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    I say if its within your calorie goal and within reason then eat it. If you know you won't be able to control it don't buy it or just but a serving. If you don't have it you can't eat it. Personally I would not be able to stay on track if I didn't allow my self foods that I enjoy you just need to use moderation. which I am stilling working on and is a daily struggle, but I just take it one day at a time. You can do it!
  • medaud10
    medaud10 Posts: 20
    I am like that with diet cokes. I just had to give them up completely. I tend to be that way also with sweets. When I start eating sweets agaain I get addicted to them and I have to go cold turkey and give them up completely for a while. it takes me a week or so and then the craving leaves. I feel better and don't have to fight the cravings. I don't buy anything that I have trouble controling the amount I eat of.
  • RhiannonLeighh
    RhiannonLeighh Posts: 46 Member
    Find out your triggers.
    Do you crave sweet things at a certain time of day? This could mean you're not eating properly through out the day, and you need more low GI, wholegrains and protein.
    When you're stressed/bored? Break the habit of eating for comfort with something else.

Or else just don't buy the unhealthy things, don't have them in your house.

Replace things!
    Ice cream = FoYo
    Biscuits = muesli bars
    Lollies = frozen grapes/fruit salad
    Chocolate = carob/sugar free hot chocolate mix

And when you get things, break them up into portions and store them like that. Put biscuits individually into ziplock bags. Or break the block of chocolate into pieces straight away.
  • skincy
    skincy Posts: 108 Member
    I love sweet and allow small treats as long as they are in my calorie range and if I am doing cardio that day. I buy dove dark chocolate squares and spread a serving of them through out the day when I am really craving chocolate. Skinny Cow Ice Creams as someone mentioned is another good choice. I also get Nada Moo Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice cream. less calories, sugar and fat than real ice cream. They use agave syrup which is lower glycemic than sugar.