Eating Too Few Calories?

Options
cpk44
cpk44 Posts: 33 Member
Hey all! Yesterday, I was pretty happy with my calorie intake but MFP warned me that I should eat at least 1,200 calories a day or else I won't lose weight as fast as I can. I'm trying to shrink my stomach by eating slowly, healthy, less, and well. Is it a big deal if I eat less than 1,200 calories every once in a while?

Replies

• mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I hope not because I am always under my calories and I am far from under eating. I eat 3 balanced meals a day and a snack plus my water and I am no where near my calories. I am typically around 800-900... I was going to ask if people had ideas for increasing calories without spiking sugars.

I get that warning every day when I log my food.... makes me feel guilty that I am not eating enough even though I am eating to satisfaction not stuffing my face like I used to with amounts that were 3x what a portion should be.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is considered to be the minimum to fulfill necessary nutrients and stay healthy. Under a doctors supervision, some people eat less but without the supervision of a doctor, it can be quite dangerous. I'm very careful about my nutrition and often find that I hit my macro and micro nutrients by about 1000 calories and some days I eat more than 1200 and some days I'm below it. If my weekly average looks good and I fulfill my nutrients and don't feel bad, I don't worry about it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's not going to be a big deal if it happens occasionally.
  • wattsy84
    wattsy84 Posts: 123
    Options
    Eat anything under your TDEE and you will lose weight regardless, that's what I've learned! But eat too low and your weight loss will stop!