Losing Weight by Graduation

Options
Is it possible to lose 20 pounds in 83 days? I know it's not particularly healthy or maintainable but I want to short term lose and then try to lower my weight further after that.

Replies

• freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    If you have a lot to lose, it could be accomplished fairly healthily by setting your calorie intake amount to lose about two pounds a week. If you haven't so much to lose (I would say under 80lbs, maybe 50 - but that might be pushing it) eating at a deficit that large is not advised and may not work to the same effectiveness or at all.
  • anjaneth
    anjaneth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Before you start committing to a number of pounds to meet a specific date like graduation I would think about what has held you back from making the decision to lose that weight thusfar. The reason I say that is that even if you do lose that weight, and by the way I have lost 24.8 lbs since the start of the year so it's doable, you will gain it all back if you don't work on the things that have been holding you back from being healthy.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Before you start committing to a number of pounds to meet a specific date like graduation I would think about what has held you back from making the decision to lose that weight thusfar. The reason I say that is that even if you do lose that weight, and by the way I have lost 24.8 lbs since the start of the year so it's doable, you will gain it all back if you don't work on the things that have been holding you back from being healthy.

What a sensible comment!

I do recommend trying to hit healthy weight though. It will, unfortunately, change how potential employers look at you.