Sometimes too blunt, but very friendly! (USMC, anyone?)

Options
Hello, everyone!

My name is Kara. I'm 23, and I've got beautiful twin boys. What isn't beautiful is the twin skin and two year break that I've taken from exercising. I wish I could say that I'm getting back into it SOLELY for myself, however that wouldn't be entirely true.

I'm comfortable enough with myself to admit I'm concerned with my appearance and now that the boys are older, I have more time to do something about it. Plus lifting a box of bottled water shouldn't be something difficult.

What I hope to gain by using this forum: A little bit of support, perhaps from other moms who've been there? Meeting like-minded individuals male or female. Having an all-around supportive environment in which to be accountable.

Plus, I'm a bit starved for conversation from people who don't poo their pants. ;P

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi Kara, I've got a 1 year old and a 3 year old (well, nearly 2 and 4 now), so I know what it's like!

I did lose my baby weight after my 1st, but I put it all on and more with my 2nd. I exercised until 34 weeks with my first, but only occasionally with my 2nd, so that was the problem really. Anyway, I started back exercising when my daughter was 7 weeks old and since then I've lost 60lbs. She's 22 months now.

I work out lots, and that's my 'me' time, my escape to the gym! I also work part time as a teacher. I teach teenagers so luckily they don't poo their pants. Well, most of them don't!

Feel free to add me.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I was all in.

Then I read about the pooing pants part.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options

Plus, I'm a bit starved for conversation from people who don't poo their pants. ;P

LOL, this is what ALL mothers say, trust me!
    Just as you start to understand them, they turn into mumbling teenagers who have a language of their own..
  • frinklefairy
    Options
    I was all in.

Well, if you do, then I'll do my best to overlook it. :p
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I was all in.

Trust me. There is no overlooking what that guy does in his pants.
  • ashleywagner82
    ashleywagner82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I had two babies a year apart from eachother. It is so hard to excerise when I am trying to juggle so many hats as a mom, fulltime teacher, wife, friend, and I somehow got shoved to the end of the line. Well, I decided after my grandma's death in early January that I need to live life to the fullest and is only possible if I am in shape. So, I will have my 1 year old in my arms trying to get free as I am pulling my 2 year old into the gym to go to the kid zone but I am making it happen. It is never easy and there are days that I just want to give up but I can't. I am losing weight and it is helping me get excited about where I will be in a few months. Hopefully, just a few pounds away from my goal. I saw that have twins and it reminded me so much of my own crazy life with my two that are close together in age and I have a 7 year old but she is very little help. I use to take so many pictures with me and my first child together and I noticed less pictures with me in them with my youngest two and it is all because I have gained so much weight. Well, it is time to feel good and to make memories and live life to the fullest!!! So, don't give up and keep with it. I have lost 25 lbs so far and I am still going on strong after 3 months of battling with giving up, my food obsession that helps me relieve stress, and trying to balance everything. You just have to do it and don't think about it - just go to the gym and workout and don't let the excuses get the best of you. Good luck! =)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I was all in.

I think she might be more worried about what happens when they come off.
  • frinklefairy
    Options
    I was all in.

I think she might be more worried about what happens when they come off.

Not particularly concerned about myself, perhaps more for you, Sir. :)