Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is my 2000 calorie diet too high?

Unless I'm eating out I find it pretty easy to get under my 2000 calorie limit. Yesterday I knew I was going to have pizza for dinner so I was careful of what I ate until then. It's only been a couple weeks and I've lost a bit, but am worried that a time will come where I stop losing. Maybe it's because this seems easier than I thought. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    It sounds fine, stick with it for a month then review it. This is an interesting site that helps you understand where your at.
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    You will need to reassess your calorie goals as you lose weight. MFP will ask you if you want to recalculate your calorie allotment every 10 lbs or so, if I recall correctly.

Just keep in mind, the closer you get to a healthy goal weight, the smaller your deficit will be an the slower the weight will come off. At that point it's not a bad idea to eat maintenance and just work on reducing body fat via strength training.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    How tall are you? Weight? What kind of exercise you do? Type of work?
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    As long as your losing, do not reduce! 2000 isnt that high for a male, some females on here can eat 2000 and lose!
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Pretty simple, calories in verses calories out. They say the calorie doesnt matter, but I think the quality of food is impt.
  • patpawl
    patpawl Posts: 6 Member
    I really think it's an individual thing. What may work for someone else may not work for me. I would not lose weight at 2000. Maybe you will. But tracking will help you to spot plateaus and adjust accordingly. I used the calorie goal recommended for me for months, and worked out 3-4 hours weekly and did not lose anything. I dropped it by 200 and now am losing slowly. I don't have a lot more to lose, but it's a lifestyle change and I will not go back to ignoring calories like I could when I was younger. My calorie goal is pretty low but carefully choosing what I eat really helps me to feel satisfied and not hungry. Find what works for you,
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    I would try and eat closer to your 2000 cal goal than you have been, as you say you've been quite under. It could be that you're not losing quickly because your body isn't getting the energy it needs.
  • Popsing
    Popsing Posts: 23 Member
    2000 may be just right if you're over 250 lbs. and are trying to lose weight very slowly--1/2 to 1 lb. per week and are getting at least 30 minutes of fairly intense exercise at least 5 days a week. Otherwise, I'd drop it to 1500 (keeping the exercise the same) and see how that works for you for a few weeks. Everyone is different, but you really need to run a pretty high calorie deficit to see weight loss of more than a scant few pounds per month.