I'm wanting dippers

Options
Delicate
Delicate Posts: 625 Member
Love my dad to bits so have taken to making him food to eat throughout the day (its saving money too)

However he has a few chutneys and dips, which are mega tastey however he requires something to dip into them.

The usual is crackers, however I'm trying to reduce his carb/salt intake (he also trains a bit) plus he has new false teeth so is unable to bite as much as he used to.

Any nice lowish carb soft items that can be used as dippers?

Replies

• NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    What kind of chutney is it? It's my understanding that chutney is a pretty broad term.

Perhaps chicken tenders? If you're watching calories they can be baked, without and breading. Or, if you're looking for something that can pass as something carb-y, oopsie rolls could be used like a flat-bread. They won't fool anyone into believing they're bread, but they still taste great and will perform the same function.

Also, you could try making some baked vegetable fries. There are plenty of recipes on the Internet for zucchini, eggplant, and squash fries.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Lovely ones made locally

ale chutney, autumn fruit chutney and mango with lime chutney

Never thought about chicken!
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Ooo, those sound really good. I think chicken would go great with those chutneys. I also think the mango lime chutney would pair very well with grilles shrimp.

The autumn fruit chutney could be paired with baked apple chips. You could probably not even go through the effort of baking/buying apple chips, and just slice up some raw apples.