Got a good recipe for a healthy banana milkshake?

Options
MMAFTW
MMAFTW Posts: 7 Member
I know there's a slight oxymoron in the title, but I want to include bananas in my diet as well. I drink low fat milk, so I figured why not more fruits.
Now, I know that it seems like a fairly simple recipe(You blend the banana in a blender and mix it with milk, right? Pls tell me that's right), but anyone got any recipes to make it healthier and tastier? I use those sugar free packages. Also, the proportion of banana and milk? I'm a fledgling cook.
Thanks

Replies

• jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    If the banana is in the fridge its ice cold which I prefer and my mother use to add a raw egg when we were kids and under the weather which bumps the protein but I get farm eggs and not the supermarket ones (salmonella)
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I just put banana and milk in mine, but i have recently found adding a good dollop of plain cottage cheese makes it taste amazing. It also gives a thicker consistency, more like a milkshake made with ice cream.

If you want to sweeten it, a teaspoon of honey or a few drops of vanilla essence will do the job and better for you than sugar.

I tend to use 1 banana (varying sizes), 250ml of milk and at least 100g of cottage cheese.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    1 cup milk, 4 ice cubes, 1 whole frozen banana(sliced), and then protein powder! Blend it all together and there ya go! You can also add aaanything to it and it will be goood! I used to add peanut butter to mine:)
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Cut up the banana and freeze it....that way it comes out like ice cream consistency. I usually go 1 banana, almond or coconut milk and a table spoon of peanut butter and blitz it in the blender. It's really nice. You could also add whatever you like such as nuts or cocoa powder if you want it chocolate. There are so many ways to eat frozen banana and it curbs the sweet craving with less calories :)
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup frozen..raspberrie or blueberries or strawberries

1/2banana

1tbsp hemp seed

a few cups water

1 tbsp whey protein

super healthy about 110 cal
  • dawnfto
    dawnfto Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Cut up the banana and freeze it....that way it comes out like ice cream consistency. I usually go 1 banana, almond or coconut milk and a table spoon of peanut butter and blitz it in the blender. It's really nice. You could also add whatever you like such as nuts or cocoa powder if you want it chocolate. There are so many ways to eat frozen banana and it curbs the sweet craving with less calories :)

I have never thought about freezing the bananas! Great idea and I shall be trying this :o)
  • RhiannonLeighh
    RhiannonLeighh Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1 sliced frozen banana
    2 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
    3/4 cup skim milk (or however much milk you like)
    dash of cinnamon
    1 teaspoon honey (optional)
    icecubes

More like a smoothie, but super healthy.
    And what do you mean 'sugar free packages?'