Getting Back To Where You Were???

Options
Has any one lost a lot of weight(in My case 108 lbs) and then put on A lot of weight (in my case 45 lbs) and successfully gotten back to where you were before you started gaining weight back on? Just looking to see how many people are in my situation.

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have gained and lost over 70 lbs. 3 different times in my life going all the way back to when I was in the 5th grade but most recently have lost significantly more and this time I have a really good feeling it will be the last time.... Best of Luck... It can be done, just takes hard work....:drinker:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I haven't gained much weight during my "hiatus," but I have definitely gotten softer. I should be cleared by my surgeon this week to start exercise again and I am afraid that even though I am dying to start again that I will be inconsistent! I am also worried about what type of exercise I will be allowed to do and if I ever will be able to do some of the thing I was before! You've been successful once, you can do it again!
  • JannaJ02
    JannaJ02 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A year and a half ago, I lost 30lbs. It was only about half of what I needed to lose, but I was so proud of myself and actually kept it off for a year! But then I moved out on my own, stopped working out, started eating like crap... needless to say, four months later and I'd put 22 of those 30lbs right back on. I was *so* mad at myself. But I got back on the wagon, learned to change my lifestyle habits all over again - and I think it's been far healthier for me, because before I definitely was not eating enough to sustain the weight loss for long term. I'm now seven pounds away from my lowest weight after that 30lbs loss, and am fully planning to go all the way with it this time and getting down to my goal weight! I actually think I needed to know what it felt like to backslide like that, to see how much it upset me mentally and to learn what it was like to redo so much of that work. Now I know I'll NEVER let myself do that again!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I have gone up and down, most recently dropping 60 pounds and have kept it off well over a year.

I found making the permanent lifestyle change very hard for years and used all sorts of short cuts. It wasn't until I a switch went off and I started counting calories, getting serious about exercise, and really taking care of myself that it worked long term. I know my commitment is for life this time.
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i lost 35lbs a couple years back and i've recently put 25 of them back on. so i'm trying to figure out a long term way to lose them and keep them off. no more quick fixes...
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Yes! I was big as a teenager and dropped loads of weight and looked great in my early 20s. Put some back on when i moved in with my now husband and did my teacher training. Got engaged and lost loads (but never got back into my clothes from my early 20s). Got pregnant a month after my wedding. Lost that weight, and got back to my wedding size, then got pregnant again. Put on loads. Now my littlest is 22 months old and I am wearing clothes from my early 20s :smile: . I kept all my favourite ones just in case. It's so nice to wear my beloved Levis again!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I yo-yoed for years. Most recently I lost 71 pounds and put @10 back on just in the past month because of binge eating.

Now I am working on getting a handle on the binges and being slightly more active (I already work out a lot). Nothing is linear, and weight loss and maintenance is a long learning process. Best of luck. :smile:
  • LanBeemom1111
    Options
    yes you are not alone, I think about it everyday. Somehow I just got lost in my other life issues and now I'm upset with myself with starting all over with my weight loss journey
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone