Appetite gone WILD.

Options
I've just started going to the gym after 18 months of being idle. I used to run around 18 months ago about 5-6 times a week, and have walked my dog and used a kettlebell since then, but nothing major as I started working full-time.

At the gym 3 times a week I do roughly 45 mins weights, 15-20 mins HIIT. I joined 3 weeks ago and did a 30 min abs class Friday as well. Once a week I plan on doing the 30 mins abs, an hours class or eventually swimming when I have better self-esteem. I also still walk my dog on my days off (he's walked and looked after by family during work hours). I have a desk job.

My calorie goal is set at maintenance at 1740, and I use my exercise as a deficit and aim to burn 1750 a week, but this week have burnt 2653. I've eaten some of those back though and I'm about 1500 or so under for the week.

So here's the thing - my appetite has gone crazy! On my days off from working out I am hungry every 2ish hours. On my gym days I'm not as hungry. I'm having bigger portions and more protein, with my protein goal set at my LBM.

I've lost 20.5" overall in 12 months, and around 10lb. Looking to lose another 6", so set my goal to lose another 3-4lb to be a rounded 140lb.

Is this going to die down when my body gets used to working out? Driving me crazy! :noway:

Replies

• taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    And yes, I do drink enough - 2-3L every day.