I Am Officially A Runner -C25K success

Options

Replies

• Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!! Thank you for sharing this! So cool! I am so excited for you! Great job!
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be great if all we C25K-ers could all enter a 5k somewhere together.
  • Help4nb
    Help4nb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE!! your amazing ! hope you toe gots better soon so you can keep going . :)
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Cheers to your success!!! Congrats!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Nice job, but the toe---ouch!:-)
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    you became a runner when you took your first steps on c25k! congratulations on a huge accomplishment!

Yep. That. I ran my first 5k today as well in the Shamrock Run here in Portland with 35,000 people! Finishing it was SUCH a huge freaking rush for me! I sprinted the last quarter mile! I hope you get to run a race soon. It's total validation for the program really really working. Congratulations!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    That is just so absolutely awesome! Congratulations.

I remember when I put 2 miles together for the first time. you just keep on going. I finished my first 1/2 marathon a few weeks and I am thinking about a full marathon in the fall.

GO!
  • tiffles17
    tiffles17 Posts: 28
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Great job!!
  • BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That is just so absolutely awesome! Congratulations.

I remember when I put 2 miles together for the first time. you just keep on going. I finished my first 1/2 marathon a few weeks and I am thinking about a full marathon in the fall.

GO!

You are MY inspiration now!
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    Lesson of becoming a runner: Keep my pinky toenails short short short!
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I'm always getting toenails causing bleeds like you - they just grow SO fast. I heard that happens when you're healthy though so that's good, and it's never stopped me going out running again the next day. I'm thinking of getting 5 finger shoes though which will permanently solve that problem.. but only thinking about it atm. I probably need to hear more reviews.
  • BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It's funny though... I heard your toenails could fall off while running and that disgusts me so I keep them trimmed. Last night I was thinking about cutting them but didn't (obviously). Turns out I should have!

And the nail that was too long was my ring toe on my right foot. It angled as it wasn't a straight cut and the angle was what cut into the middle toe.

Still crazy proud of myself!!
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great job! And I so needed to hear this :) I have tried C25K a bit when I was even more out of shape than I am now, and it felt like a struggle, and I couldn't commit to 3 x a week. The past few times I've ran, I did a mile, and tonight 1.5 miles without stopping. I plan on just increasing the total length of the run each time by .25 or .5 depending how I feel. So it's good to hear that Plan B was successful for you, that gives me hope! I am signed up for a 5K at the end of April, I hope I'm ready to run the entire thing by then.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options

image_zpsaef52d3c.jpg

My one toenail was a bit too long that it cut into its neighbour and filled my shoe with blood.
    My first running injury.
    AND I WAS TOO BUSY ENJOYING MY RUN TO NOTICE IT.

And that is a true runner ladies and gentleman!
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Nice Job way to stay after I also have had to repeat a few weeks I have 3 more days to do, hoping to finish this week. It sure is a big accomplishment to finish, Awesome job
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Running was the beginning of mans creation, only the fittest survived, well that and intelligent warriors
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    That's so cool! Congratulations :)
    I have had bleeding toes too, the nail on my middle toe was too long and cut Ito the skin on my second toe. Didn't notice till I got home. It was a great reason to have a pedicure. Nowadays my nails are a scarlet warrior red colour and are due for another pedicure soon :)
  • stitchtastic
    Options
    Wouldn't it be great if all we C25K-ers could all enter a 5k somewhere together.

What a great idea!

I'm starting soon,so this post was inspiring!Thanks. :happy:
  • SueCarms
    SueCarms Posts: 3
    Options
    Congratulations! I am planning starting C25K soon although I haven't run since school (some 35 years ago!) so this is inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!