Daily calorie change

Options
Hello. I lost 10 lbs. from my original start point. The program told me it was time to recalculate my goal, and I followed the guidance. It lowered my daily calorie allowance by 50 calories. This seems a bit contradictory in that I am losing weight much faster than my goal. Did it lower my daily target because there is less of me to feed energy into?

Thank you.

Replies

• ldressle66
    Options
    As you lose your calories go down to lose the weight at the same pace..so sad but true..takes less of you to need less energy!
  • coachdave01
    coachdave01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    As a follow-up, I do not understand. I am a 6' - 2" male. 57, muscular, work out three days per week, and it tells me I need 1870 calories per day. Looking at several other sites, they all indicate that I need between 2200 - 2400 per day to lose a pound per week. It is almost impossible for me to hit the 1870 mark and have any energy. Thanks again.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    As a follow-up, I do not understand. I am a 6' - 2" male. 57, muscular, work out three days per week, and it tells me I need 1870 calories per day. Looking at several other sites, they all indicate that I need between 2200 - 2400 per day to lose a pound per week. It is almost impossible for me to hit the 1870 mark and have any energy. Thanks again.

MFP is telling you to eat 1870 PLUS your exercise calories.

The other sites are higher because they include your exercise calories
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

MFP is telling you to eat 1870 PLUS your exercise calories.

The other sites are higher because they include your exercise calories

^^^THIS^^^

So few people understand this. MFP is set up so that if you didn't lift a finger toward exercise, you'd still lose weight. However, IF you DO exercise, you are SUPPOSED TO EAT BACK those calories that you "earn" back, so that your daily NET of calories is still within a healthy range, and your body has enough to fuel and sustain it through your daily activities.