Fruit causing high sugar levels....

Options
Hey everyone, I'm a newbie to this so go easy with me!!
I have been ok this week (one slip up night out with friends and a few chocolate bars!) but I think I've done ok. One thing I've noticed though is that my sugar levels hike up with any fruit that I have.
Next week I'm going to try to be even better, but I'm concerned that mfp will encourage me to avoid fruit because of the sugar levels...
Any advice?

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Just track you total carb intake unless you have a medical reason to watch your sugar.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Yep, stop tracking it.
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't know too much yet, but I do know that not all fruits were created equal. One of the worst offenders for a sugar spike would be a banana. They give you energy before a workout because they're pure carbs and sugar. But some of the fruits you should try are berries. Blueberries are one of the "low glycemic" fruits, meaning they should have the least impact on your blood sugar. I like to eat them with breakfast so I don't feel like I'm starving by lunch time. (: Try searching for a list of low glycemic fruits.

EDIT: I think this may not be exactly what you were asking... But I hope it helps somehow anyway? My bad!
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I ignore MFP's sugar allowance levels. I tend to go over everyday on fruit alone. Fruit is good for you. You shouldn't avoid it to stay within your limit. Eat as much fruit as you can :)

Ax