Question about Insanity?

I just ordered Insanity and now I'm worried that I won't lose weight. My main goal for getting it is to lose weight because I figured that with that much physical excersise there is no way i couldn't haha, but i'm psyching myself out because im reading all the comments where people only lost 6 pounds. is this because they only really had 10 pounds to lose in the first place? or because insanity isn't for losing weight. I'm 5'5 and 170 pounds. I'd like to get to 140 over the next 40 months. I've lost 40 pounds before and then gained 10 back and looking to lose down to 140. I'm in okay shape, not about to run a marathon or anything but i think i can make it through the work out. Do you think this program will be helpful for losing any significant weight? Any thoughts are appreciated :))

Replies

• allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    I have a lot to lose too, but I think it's more about measurements. You will burn extreme cals, but you build muscle at the same time which is why the weight loss is less, I think! I love it, did some 30 day shred before I started to introduce myself to high impact. I'm on week 4 next week/ I hear month 2 is crazy, so I am a little nervous!
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    i think that in some way, insanity isn't really geared towards "losing weight;" it's intended to be a challenge for fit people who want to get in even better shape. that being said, there's no reason you can't use it to lose wight. those people who lost "only" 6 lbs probably didn't have much to lose to begin with, like you said. i say go for it. (realize that you may gain some water weight at first as you will probably be pretty sore)
  • Wan2LoseIt
    Wan2LoseIt Posts: 2 Member
    I'm sure you'll lose weight with Insanity! I'm starting tomorrow! :) GOOD LUCK!
  • I just ordered it today too and am looking to lose Bout 35 lbs by beginning of July! I'm feeling nervous too and hope that it can give me the results I am looking for. Friend request me and we can help motivate each other, if you would like! :)