weekend plans.

Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm supposed to be hanging out with my friend tonight. But every weekend I come up with this problem. What the hell can you do that doesn't invovle going out to eat or going out for drinks? I absolutley NEED to be 100% good this weekend due to the bad week and bad weekend I had last. Last weekend I went out for drinks with friends and I went in with the intentions of not ordering any food, and drinking a diet coke or 2...but when everyone else started ordering food..I lost all will power. So I'm just looking for ideas on what to do when your really trying to be good.

Replies

• TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Movies. Pool. Darts. Dancing. Sharing plates. Ballet. Theatre. Symphony. Cow tipping? Shopping.

There's a couple painting studios here that you can go to and drink wine (if you drink that is) and learn to paint. They sound neat.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    My girlfriend and I go walking once a week. We talk the whole time and usually end up sitting in a park talking for a while before we walk some more. Invite friends over and have healthy snack (think veggies and hummus) . You can play card cames or something like that.

Arrange to go play pool or go bowling or go out somewhere to learn dancing.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I'm going into Washington DC (I live in the suburbs) and walking around my favorite museums. It's free (minus the cost of a metro ride) and it's plenty of exercise. Those museums are huge! And the National Mall is great to walk around. If you live near a city or nice downtown area, just go walk around, sight see, or shop.
  • Have you heard of geocacing? Check out the webiste: www.geocaching.com
    It is a great hobby (although you do need a handheld gps or gps capable phone)...not only does it keep you away from the bars and restaurants, but it gives you a little exercise to boot! I find myself bringing all differents sorts of friends out with me and they all seem to love it too!

Good Luck
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    My girlfriend and I go walking once a week. We talk the whole time and usually end up sitting in a park talking for a while before we walk some more. Invite friends over and have healthy snack (think veggies and hummus) . You can play card cames or something like that.

Arrange to go play pool or go bowling or go out somewhere to learn dancing.

Ohh yeah! Take control of the situation! Like if you know your buddies wanna eat, have them over or go to one of their houses n have a bbq. That way you know what the food has and you don't have to feel like the odd one out. Bonfires n bbqs have always been a blast in my opinion. And if you want to party (ie drink) you don't spend as much either. hehe As you can tell, I'm a drinker, so no offense if you aren't. :)
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Ohh yeah! Take control of the situation! Like if you know your buddies wanna eat, have them over or go to one of their houses n have a bbq. That way you know what the food has and you don't have to feel like the odd one out. Bonfires n bbqs have always been a blast in my opinion. And if you want to party (ie drink) you don't spend as much either. hehe As you can tell, I'm a drinker, so no offense if you aren't. :)
    [/quote]

Oh no im a drinker lol
This discussion has been closed.