exercising... HELP

Options
I do not like exercising.:grumble: I would much rather sit on the couch and watch a good movie. But that is just hurting me. I am around 15 pounds overweight. I know I need to exercise but I feel like I do not have enough time. I am in high school 7:00-2:45. When I get home, I go straight to homework. By the time I am done, the sun is setting so I can not go outside. There is not much room in the house to exercise. To be honest, I feel embaressed when I exercise in front of my family.:embarassed: Any tips, I really need some help.:smile:

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Why not exercise before doing the homework? It will help clear your mind so that studying is mor effective!
  • malt77
    malt77 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a teacher too and I have started walking on my 30 min lunch break 3 days a week and having a protein shake as my lunch. I walk around the hallways and track my heart rate, steps, and distance with my Mio watch. I am not able to exercise when I get home with having 2 kids, so I am trying to find ways to fit it in during my day. Good luck to you :smile:
  • bbydl64
    bbydl64 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    take a walk as soon as u get home from school. I work til 4 and always walk after work and I take the dog. Makes me feel a LOT better.
  • Soula7475
    Soula7475 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smartphone? There are lots of great free apps that have quick workouts you can do at home. Look for "Daily Butt Workout" or "Daily Leg Workout." There's also a squat app that counts your squats and builds you up to more each day.

You can always do situps, lunges and pushups at home. Try doing them in your room before bed so no one bothers you. Spring is right around the corner so maybe just focus on logging your food for now and try to get outside once the weather warms up. One small change at a time.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    if you really want it bad enough, you will MAKE the time... that's just the reality of it. i work full time and have a 4YO daughter who gets up for school at 7am so i wake up at 445am to work out every day. does it suck to get up at 445am? yes! but i do it anyway because it's just part of my day and not only do i have incredible energy for the whole day but it also sets the tone for my day.

that said, you can also lose weight by eating clean and within a caloric deficit. try that first, see how much you weigh in a few months and then try exercise if you want to lose more.
  • rosey88218
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll try to walk around the park a few times after school. I also found this cool app on my ipod to give a try.