How do you guys even meet your calorie minimum?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I always end up around 900-1100 calories even when I think I've binged really badly. Are there any healthy 100 cal. foods that you recommend I snack on to at least meet 1300?

you should know that you didnt bing really badly if you arent even hitting 900 for the day.
  • Ruvaak
    Ruvaak Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone!

When I binge on foods, it's on foods I wouldn't normally eat. I don't plan on eating them so I don't know the nutritional values they hold. I'm not afraid of binging or eating, it's just that I need to eat more in order to meet my minimum calorie goal. :)
    The reason I'm looking for approx. 100 calorie foods is because mostly I lack around 100-200 calories, sometimes more and sometimes less. This is an easier way for me to calculate what I want to eat without being way above or way below my goal. :)

Once again, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    You could get some fat free yogurt. Those little cups normally ring in around 80 - 100 calories depending on the brand.

Of course if you're really desperate and short there's always....

tumblr_miv6yvDD3F1r8jkpuo1_500.jpg
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I find that pre-logging what I think i will eat for the day really helps me to see where I need to increase calories, or add protein, etc.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    In the past when I did a different "diet" I was eating so much fruit and vegetables and only eating "diet" foods - low fat, low calorie, sugar free in addition that I did have a hard time meeting my 1,200-1,300 calorie goal. I would loose weight and go off the plan and gain everything back.

Now, I'm just cutting portion size and I don't have a huge problem meeting my 1,340 calorie goal.

I put milk in my coffee. I eat whole milk or reduced fat yogurt not fat free/artificially sweetened yogurt. I eat eggs and avocados (something I wouldn't have at in the past). I try for snacks to have fiber (2g-minimum) and protein (3g-minimum)...

Also something else others have said, plan - plan - plan!
  • sharon_moyer
    Options
    Meeting your calorie minimum is all about the choices you make during the day in your eating and you need to exercise to increase your calorie intake. I generally fall below my total calories in a day because I exercise throughout my day.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite balanced snacks to have is a watery fruit (orange, kiwi, apple, pear) and a small palm-full of nuts. That's about 150 kcal, and it's a good balance of macronutrients too. :)