Running with Blisters

Options
aj445
aj445 Posts: 183 Member
Calling all runners. Last weekend on my 13 mile run I developed a blister on the side of my toe. It's big. I have done 3 runs since then, but I'm also sick so I had 3 days off running this week. It's not going away. I did 7 miles this morning and it's getting bigger. Do I pop it? Normally i don't, but It's not healing on it's own.

Replies

• beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    usually they say to lance it if it's causing you pain.

I develop a blister on my heel on my right foot. I layer a bandaid, mole skin and then duct tape (yes duct tape) when I have an open blister there. if no current blister I just do duct tape or mole skin and duct tape if it's long distance. The duct tape helps the sock move freely against the skin so you dont get a hot spot.

And don't wear cotton socks!!!!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I always pop.

I don't get them often from running, but I will invariably get one when I'm backpacking. To prevent them, I rub vaseline on areas where they are most likely to develop before I put my socks on.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I always pop them, clean them and bandage them. Also, I am a huge fan of Experia Thorlos socks and, especially if I am running a race and can't risk it, I will rub the area(s) of my feet prone to blisters with a little vaseline before putting on my socks.
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that -- I absolutely hate getting blisters! I tend to get them on the arch of my foot kind of beneath my big toe towards the side of my foot (if that makes sense, haha). Thank you for the tips everyone!!
  • aj445
    aj445 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. New socks? I just wear whatever I have. Always have. Just grab something and run lol. But I will take a look at new socks, and drain my blister. Thanks :)