Breaking up with my coffee creamer, anyone else?

Options
dwh77tx
dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
I am going to break up with my fat free vanilla creamer in my coffee for one week and replace it with chamomile tea with stevia. I am convinced my 5 tbsp in the am is really hindering my progress. Anyone else ??

Replies

• Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    If it fits your macro's you should have it. Need to enjoy something :)
  • aprilkats
    aprilkats Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I switched to skim instead of half and half awhile back. It was a bit of a transition but not too bad. I never count it though on my calories.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,804 Member
    Options
    I had to slow it down with mine, I was going through a 32oz jug every 5 days (I drink ALOT of coffee) but I narrowed it down to about 4-5 tbls a day, so it takes me about 3 weeks to go through a jug now.
  • peasantsong
    peasantsong Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    definitely not! I love my coffee with cream so much that it's the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning. I make it fit!
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I only drink 1 cup of decaf a day, I'm not breaking up with my coffee creamer. Nope, not at all. Worth every drop.
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Is there an AA group for coffee creamer addicts? I am. I swear I have the same problem. I do buy the sugar free stuff but those few extra calories every morning have to be adding up. and..I (oh my I'm going to admit this little white lie)....I never log it. :embarassed:

I vow to try the same. Let's check in on Saturday and see how we did.
  • sasicek
    sasicek Posts: 11
    Options
    I switched to sugar free, less calories and I was not getting enough fat anyway. So far, I am still losing weight so I will keep having it, although I do not necessarily object to parting ways with it ... just not yet :-)
  • kittpitt
    kittpitt Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Half and half is the lowest I can go in my coffee you are so brave.Good Luck!
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I mix instant coffee in my morning shake.. No need to add the sugar or anything. I will NEVER EVER EVER give up my coffee!!!!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Went back to black coffee. Occasionally try the sugar free non-dairy flavor adders. Once every few months.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I have gotten my Maxim (Korea) - Mocha Gold Mild Instant Coffee.. 55 cals. down to just one a day. I've been drinking various teas (green and spiced) during the day, with 1/2 pack Splenda. When Splenda is gone will switch to Stevia. :bigsmile:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I will never give up my creamers! NEVER!
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I won't be giving up my creamer either...nope...not this girl. I only have about 2 cups...maybe 3 some days and that's it. Couldn't imagine my coffee without the creamer...ick.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I always wondered if creamers were kinda bad for weight loss, even the fat free kind. I don't drink coffee often, but I totally stopped because I didn't think it was good. I'm really trying to give up the artificial sweeteners, though.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I switched to the Coconut Milk Creamer (10 calories per tablespoon) and will use a flavored coffee instead of a flavored creamer.
  • mhiggi02
    mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    I am going to break up with my fat free vanilla creamer in my coffee for one week and replace it with chamomile tea with stevia. I am convinced my 5 tbsp in the am is really hindering my progress. Anyone else ??

I'm with ya! I made the decision, after 25 years of drinking my coffee with creamer and sweetener, to switch to black coffee. I hated it at first but I'm good with it now.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Nope. I just cut back to one cup per day (with 3 TBSP of Natural Bliss Creamer - all natural). I loved the coconut milk creamer, but the nearest place to get it is 100+ miles away, so that's not an option. :sad:
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have one cup of coffee a day with 2 tbsp fat free creamer. I don't think I'll ever give it up. I don't see it affecting my loss at all. My Truvia addiction is a different story. I've been decreasing it by a 1/4 tsp each week and am down to adding only 1 tsp per cup of coffee. It does nasty things to my gastro system but I just couldn't stop cold turkey. Dang vices!
  • jtschink
    jtschink Posts: 7
    Options
    Nope can not do it. I long for my coffee and cream every morning! Plus I am still losing so it does not seem to be affecting me.