If u slept in, would u/should u lower ur cal goal?

Options
So I had no problem staying under my 1500 cal goal for the day. here's the catch: I slept in till noon!

Obviously if a person isn't moving around for a good part of the day, they burn less calories.

Just wondering if anyone else has thought about this, and if they lowered their cal intake based on if they slept in, and how significantly they lowered them.

Since on a work day I usually eat 400-600 cals for breakfast and morning snack combined, I should eliminate that many calories if I wake up just in time to have lunch.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Replies

• 2EggsSeparated
    Options
    I just had the same problem today. I ate all my calories that I would have otherwise because 1) there are still 24 hours in a day even if I did lounge around for a few extra 2) I still exercised today and 3) i'm hungry and I like to eat. :)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    No I do not cut based on sleep. I eat based on the fuel I need and how my body feels.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Your BMR is based on approximately getting up in the morning and sitting on the couch all day and not moving. Whether you slept in or not, the rate doesn't change.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't change anything, and I am occasionally a world-class sleeper-inner. I went to bed at 8 PM Saturday night and woke up at 11 AM Sunday morning and ate all my calories for both days, and per my BodyMedia, I was just fine in doing so.