5:2

Has anyone tried it and had success? If so for how long did you try it? How did you like it and how did you feel? What were your weight loss outcomes?

I didn't know the 5:2 existed until this year, but have yet to try it. I did ironically make an eating plan up similar to this years ago and lost 30 lbs. I would eat few calories with most calories at dinner for two days. My meals were only protein and veggies. I also ate 2 oranges and 1 tsp of sea salt. I then ate more the rest of the week and it was healthy. On Saurdays I would cheat at lunch. I had no breakfast and would have a big mac, fries and milk shake. I then had pretzels and went to the bars that night and drank beer. I had a weight loss every single week until the 3o lbs was gone.

I am now probably going to start this again tomorrow. Would love to hear how it worked for others.

Here is something I found which is a plus to fasting:
Contrary to popular opinion, fasting can be a healthy way to lose weight. It can reduce levels of IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor 1, which leads to accelerated ageing), switches on DNA repair genes and reduces blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose levels.

Replies