Polar FT7 heart rate monitor: opinions?

Options
I'm thinking of getting the Polar FT7 heart rate monitor, and I was wondering if anyone who has had it before/has it now would be willing to give me their opinion of it?

One thing that I am concerned about is the fact that I'm not sure whether or not the strap will fit me. I just measured myself around where I think the strap is supposed to sit (same place you measure for a bra?), and I'm about 44 - 45 inches. The same goes for the watch itself, because I have quite fat wrists (7 inches ish, maybe a bit bigger). Also, is it true that I'll be able to wear it under water? Do I just put on the strap and watch as if I were going on a run?

A penny for your thoughts? :o)

Replies

• underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it. My chest is 44 and it fits me with room to spare. Definitely worth the investment!
  • lizzie093
    lizzie093 Posts: 81
    Options
    i have it, and i love it!!!!!!!! i hate going to the gym and realizing i have forgotten it at home, i allways go home to get it haha
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yes I have one and it will fit around you - it did me when I was that size! I just checked the manual and you can use it for swimming, but it suggests you do not press the watch buttons when under water. I love it and it has really helped me with the accuracy of my logging. Go for it !
  • misssmarita
    misssmarita Posts: 130
    Options
    Does it come with a battery?
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Comes with a battery, I just replaced mine after using the FT7 for a year and a half. Cost me $5 to replace the battery.
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have one too, and would not be without it. The strap is mega stretchy so no size issues.

I would recommend getting a second strap if you train on back to back days as they need washing
  • _Nancy10
    _Nancy10 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just got mine in the mail today and cant wait to use it at the gym! the feature that sold me was that it can tell when youre burning fat or improving your fitness level. i got mine on amazon for less than 100 dollars! good luck!!
  • misssmarita
    misssmarita Posts: 130
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who replied :o) I've finally made up my mind to get it, but the page I'm getting it off doesn't specify which size strap that comes with? Or do you get all the different sized straps when you buy it, and you just use the one that fits you?
  • _Nancy10
    _Nancy10 Posts: 3
    Options
    the strap that came with mine is adjustable.