Ready to Rock!

Options
I had recently lost all motivation and gained back a ton of the weight I had lost, which I mostly attribute to my inability to cope with the loss of a loved one. I am rapidly approaching another birthday, which never sits well with me, and I have done a ton of soul searching. What I discovered is that I am ready to rock. I have been unable to complete the last two marathons I have trained for and I have decided that third time's a charm. I am ready to get down to brass tacks and move forward with making me into the most healthy me I can be. I am hoping to get a slot at the Marine Corps Marathon which I had to back out of after running my 18 miler in September. I am out of excuses and have decided that NOW is the time. I also registered for an Iron Girl Triathlon in September, despite being a novice swimmer.

In the past my biggest hurdle has been finding time. I have to get up at 4am daily to get to work so that I can leave in time to get my kids at school. By the time I get home, make dinner, help with homework, etc. I am wiped and typically fall into bed. I recently became a coach for a Girls on the Run program at the kid's school and I am LOVING running with this great group of 3rd-5th grade girls, most of whom can run circles around me. The program not only allows me to spend time with my kids while getting some exercise, but it focuses on healthy living, good self image and positivity in your life. I haven't decided yet if I think this is more motivating for me or the girls I coach! At any rate, it has been highly inspiring and has allowed me to become re-energized in my efforts to take care of me. I spend so much time taking care of others that it has been easy to fall into that and forget to add myself into the mix.

I am over being fat and feeling like a stuffed sausage in my clothes. I am interested in hearing any tips to keep motivated and stay on track as I need help finding balance in my crazy life. I look forward to utilizing MFP to help me get to my goal weight and help connect me with others who have similar struggles. Any and all motivation is welcome!