Anyone trying to lose weight whilst pregnant?

Options
Anyone trying to lose weight whilst pregnant?

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Don't try to lose weight while pregnant. It isn't healthy for you or the baby. Your obstetrician will be able to tell you what a realistic calorie intake for you will be, as well as what is considered typical weight gain during pregnancy.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Really not a good idea.

While I don't believe in unquantifiable "toxins" that can be "cleansed," it is true that your body fat can store environmental pollutants like PCBs, dioxins, etc. You really don't want to be purposely moving large amounts of that stuff out of storage during pregnancy while also depriving your fetus of other sources of nutrients. Remember, your baby is supposed to be growing, and needs all the building blocks of life for creating bones and muscles and organs.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Instead of losing weight, specifically, just eat healthy.
    All the good stuff, no soda, cut sugar, and not only will you be in a great place onece he/she is born to lose any extra, but your baby will have a great start in life!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    If you're worried, set your calories to maintenance (but I believe you need an extra 250 calories a day while pregnant).

I put on a load with my first baby because I had sciatica so couldn't walk any further than the bakery and sweet shop:ohwell: . It comes off really quickly when you're nursing - I was doing WW with my second to fit into a dress for a wedding and I got MENS points - almost twice women's points for the same amount!!

So just keep healthy now and do the weight loss after - long walks pushing a buggy will help get it off:wink:
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Sorry but for the next 9 months the baby comes first, You can start being more active and eating healthier now, it will be easier to lose the weight after the baby is born and labor/birth will also be easier.
  • marybowldseddington
    marybowldseddington Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    No but I did not gain but 15lbs with Dr approval while pregnant. I always develop really bad gestational diabetes. I had to use insulin and was on a strict 1800 cal lower carb diet.
    My Diet was
    1 protein 30carb breakfast
    1protiein 15 carb snack
    2 protein 45 carb lunch
    1 protein 15 carb snack
    3 proien 60 carb dinner
    1protien 15 carb snack
    All were spread out roughly 3hours apart.

I am trying to get back to this "diet" because it is a really good plan to follow for life. Just lowered the calories to 1200. A snack would be 1 piece of string cheese and 15 grapes. I would also eat vegetables but eat true vegetables things like corn, peas, potatoes are all carbs. Cheese counted as a protein. No fruit juice only whole fruit and no fruit at breakfast as it would cause a sugar peak for me.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    you're supposed to gain while pregnant, you can walk and do other low impact cardio with your ob/gyn 's approval.