how do you like your protein powder

Options
krislshoe
krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
Hey mfp peeps...just wondering how you like your protein powder...do you like it mixed with water, almond milk etc????

Replies

• links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    1 rounded scoop + 10 oz. 1% milk is a delicious post-workout treat
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Water, only way for myself.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Meh. As long as it's not lumpy.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Before and after workouts I use water. Skim milk for when I want to have a shake as a snack.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I mix it in with my oatmeal and add fruit. Or I make a berry smoothie with peanut butter and add it in.
  • JulesAms
    JulesAms Posts: 3
    Options
    I am using the Herbalife chocolate protein powder and I mix mine with almond milk (30 calories) and then I add peanut butter powder (22 calories). I add a little crushed ice and it is like having a chocolate/peanut butter milkshake.
  • workout_fish
    workout_fish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Blended with a cup of frozen blueberries and high protein almond milk. Makes an AWESOME smoothie!!!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Making chocolate protein powder oats is amazingly good, served with fruit and some shredded coconut :love:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Water, ice, and fruit in a blender.

I have also mixed vanilla protein powder with coconut flour to make gluten-free protein cookies.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Without artificial flavors and sweeteners... and no growth hormones. :wink:
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Chocolate power (sometimes strawberry) with a coconut-almond milk blend, and a teaspoon of instant coffee all blended with ice. It tastes kind of like a coffee Almond Joy. Sometimes I'll add a tablespoon or two of peanut butter if I have the calories. At that point it's basically an amazing dessert drink.
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Almond Milk - Mixed with Muscle Pharm Combat Cookies & Cream, Glutamine, and Creatine 3 times a day
    Almond Milk - Mixed with Muscle Pharm Combat Coookies & Cream, Muscle Pharm Casein, Glutatime and Creatine, Twice a day
    Almond Milk - Mixed with Muscle Pharm Casein, Glutamine, and Creatine - At bed time

Yummmmmm
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with milk for now for the calcium
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    bump interested in new ideas!
  • pullem
    pullem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Milk, coconut or almond milk or water depending on how I'm doing in terms of caloris/macros for the day but my most favourite way is to eat it mixed with fromage frais or greek yoghurt, usually 1 scoop (25g) in 150g fromage frais/yoghurt
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I like to mix mine into smoothies with all kinds of things but recently I had a wisdom tooth surgically extracted and realized that you can mix it into all kinds of things which on my soft food diet.

Try mixing 1 scoop protein powder, 1 TBS peanut butter and 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce. It's almost like pudding.
    Speaking of pudding, I mixed 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder in 1 cup of butterscotch pudding and it was fantastic.
  • Jmur8908
    Jmur8908 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't mix my protien with milk or any othere substitiute other than water!!! Definitely a great post work out pre bed time snack!!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Depending on how I feel and calorie allowance for the day - water, milk, frozen yoghurt whipped into an icecream like slush. Sometimes I add milled flaxseed and coconut (dessicated) and peanut butter and cocoa powder (up to 2 teaspoons). I have also made a protein powder omelette (lotsa eggs and cooked of course) and that was quite yummy.
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Usually with 2% milk. Milk is great and if it hits my calories too hard and I have to eat more vegetables for the day that's just a win/win.

I also like it with oats, muesli, or any cereal really. I like to use hi-fibre cereals that only your grandfather eats because it tastes like cardboard... now you have a high protein, high fibre, reasonably low sugar, quick and easy "meal."