Boob job?!?!

Options
13»

Replies

• Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    If you want to do it, then do it but here is some advice:

If you plan to lose more weight and/or have children I would wait. Yes, you can still nurse but your breast will get much bigger while pregnant and after your milk dries up you will be dealing with sagging again.

I lost 130 pounds, had a lower body lift and breast lift with augmentation...don't regret one single minute of it or one single penny that it costs and I would do it over again and again and again. After I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010 (it has NOTHING to do with my implants) I got pregnant six months after completing treatment...that being said I am now working on getting that weight off and my once perky, beautiful boobs are now sagging again and they will be sagging even more once I lose the weight.

So...set that as a reward for your weight loss...but...if you plan to have children, I would wait...just my opinion...good luck!
  • AmandaW01
    AmandaW01 Posts: 138
    Options
    Its your body and your choice - not everyone will agree with you and many are against plastic surgery of any kind so you're never going to get 100% support. You have to be sure in your own mind that you are doing the right thing, and know that you can keep them up and replace every 10 years or so (if you're enlarging) and that no matter what the surgeon says it CAN interfere with breastfeeding. A friend had hers done a couple of years back and the milk glands were damaged during the op - she will never feed.
    You don't say if you're enlarging or reducing but either way, the one piece of advice I'd give you is to consider waiting until you have reached goal, and if you do want kids in the near future then it would make far more sense (cos these things cost a FORTUNE) to wait until you've had your babies. My boobs changed so much after I had kids - I used to be an A cup, they went up within the first trimester to an E, a FF when I was feeding and have never since gone below a D! They are still where they should be (I'm very lucky) and I've had, and breastfed, 3 babies. The thing is that you never know how your boobs will respond - another friend was a D, she went to a AA after her kids and got her boobs enlarged to a C a few months back - she's one happy girl as she did what a lot are suggesting here, she lost her weight and had her kids before doing the surgery so now they should stay as perky and lovely as they are for good :)
    Having said all that, if you're happy to accept that as you lose more weight or gain weight then it will alter them, and pregnancy will certainly make a difference, then go with it - enjoy them and while not ignoring those wanting to help you, take their advice onboard, consider it and either act on it or leave it - your body, your choice :-)
  • twinsmom7602
    twinsmom7602 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Did mine.. Best decision I have ever made. :) GO FOR IT! :)