guess i'd better do this...

bjigglepants
bjigglepants Posts: 93
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
since i'm posting, i guess i probably should do my intro.

my name is beth. i'm a 31 (almost 32) year old married stay at home mom to three kids (two girls and a boy. ages 8,4,2). i was born and raised in kansas. met some dippy guy online, moved out to utah to live with him and get married (stupid stupid, cause now he won't go away!). i lived there for 9 years and that's where i spawned all of my little people. the company hubby works for was acquired by a larger company last winter and he immediately took the opportunity to put in for a transfer, so i could come back home to kansas. i hated living in utah. it's pretty, but...yeah wasn't for me. my oldest daughter is autistic. she has sensory integration dysfunction and aspergers syndrome (hubby is also aspie and add). she was recently mainstreamed into her regular 2nd grade classroom and will be sent back to her home school in the fall. my son is 4 and built like a tank (hubby is 6'5") he's rambunctious, he's loveable and he's my bubs...well when i don't want to duct tape him to the wall or something. and then there's my baby, she's 2. she's just nuts. ....dippy online guy aka john and i will celebrate our 9 year anniversary on Apr 23.

i was diagnosed with follicular thyroid carcinoma dec 2006 following a partial thyroidectomy and isthmusectomy. i didn't undergo treatment at the time because i was breastfeeding (they found the lump during my pregnancy). jan 2007 i had the other half removed and underwent radioactive iodine treatment. I am cancer free. hopefully i stay that way. since i have no thyroid, i suffer from hypothyroidism and my medication is still being tinkered with. but at least i finally have a metabolism now. not much, but it's something.

i'm also hearing impaired. i have nerve damage in my cochlea's from fetal distress during birth. so i've been this way all of my life. i have profound deafness and have hearing aids, but...usually don't wear them, ha ha. i rely on lip reading for the most part.

i'm friends with Chalupie in real life. don't listen to anything she has to say about me, they're lies all lies. except for the good stuff that i pay her to say.

i think that's it. i'm pretty open and laid back, so if you have a question such as...was i dropped on a head as a child...just ask!

Replies

• since i'm posting, i guess i probably should do my intro.

my name is beth. i'm a 31 (almost 32) year old married stay at home mom to three kids (two girls and a boy. ages 8,4,2). i was born and raised in kansas. met some dippy guy online, moved out to utah to live with him and get married (stupid stupid, cause now he won't go away!). i lived there for 9 years and that's where i spawned all of my little people. the company hubby works for was acquired by a larger company last winter and he immediately took the opportunity to put in for a transfer, so i could come back home to kansas. i hated living in utah. it's pretty, but...yeah wasn't for me. my oldest daughter is autistic. she has sensory integration dysfunction and aspergers syndrome (hubby is also aspie and add). she was recently mainstreamed into her regular 2nd grade classroom and will be sent back to her home school in the fall. my son is 4 and built like a tank (hubby is 6'5") he's rambunctious, he's loveable and he's my bubs...well when i don't want to duct tape him to the wall or something. and then there's my baby, she's 2. she's just nuts. ....dippy online guy aka john and i will celebrate our 9 year anniversary on Apr 23.

i was diagnosed with follicular thyroid carcinoma dec 2006 following a partial thyroidectomy and isthmusectomy. i didn't undergo treatment at the time because i was breastfeeding (they found the lump during my pregnancy). jan 2007 i had the other half removed and underwent radioactive iodine treatment. I am cancer free. hopefully i stay that way. since i have no thyroid, i suffer from hypothyroidism and my medication is still being tinkered with. but at least i finally have a metabolism now. not much, but it's something.

i'm also hearing impaired. i have nerve damage in my cochlea's from fetal distress during birth. so i've been this way all of my life. i have profound deafness and have hearing aids, but...usually don't wear them, ha ha. i rely on lip reading for the most part.

i'm friends with Chalupie in real life. don't listen to anything she has to say about me, they're lies all lies. except for the good stuff that i pay her to say.

i think that's it. i'm pretty open and laid back, so if you have a question such as...was i dropped on a head as a child...just ask!
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Welcome! I live with my dippy boyfriend that I met online. We have something in common!

I'd wish you luck but you won't need it :flowerforyou:
  • congrats on meeting a dippy guy online, too!

thanks for the welcome!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    :laugh: Welcome! I think you will really like it here!
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Welcome to the site. I think you will enjoy it :glasses:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hi Beth and Welcome:flowerforyou: We are all here for you, and in it together. Here's to good health and no more cancer:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: By the way that's green tea in my mugs:wink:
  • thanks for the welcome wishes guys :)
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Welcome, you will find you have more support than you know what to do with!!! :happy:
  • Chrissi073
    Chrissi073 Posts: 19 Member
    I've been with my dippy on line guy for almost 10 years, yikes if I only knew then what I know now I would have smashed my computer into little bits. LOL

Good luck this site is awesome, lots of help all around!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you! This is a great place to be!!!
  • you guys are awesome, thanks

chrissi: whenever people ask how we met, and i tell them. i always follow it up with "but i wouldn't recommend it" :tongue: and congrats on 10 years!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Hi and welcome!! Lots of us with dippy on-line guys :laugh: I've had mine for 5 years now, married for 3. Yup - he won't go away either and I've tried!! :laugh:
  • montanagirl: if only we knew then what we know now, huh :wink:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    you have a wonderful sense of humor!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Chrissi073
    Chrissi073 Posts: 19 Member
    Thanks for the advice, I tell people I read his story and felt bad for him!
    Hahahahaha
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Welcome Glad to have you join us!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou: Congrats on cancer free:flowerforyou: I have a dippy husband, but I met him at a gas station. He pumped my gas almost 20 years ago:happy:
  • you have a wonderful sense of humor!:flowerforyou: :drinker:

what's funny is that i actually have it listed in my medical "patient has an excellent sense of humor"...i'm glad someone else thinks i'm funny because usually i just get blank looks *L*

to the rest of you, thanks. icandoit congrats on 20 years!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    you have a wonderful sense of humor!:flowerforyou: :drinker:

what's funny is that i actually have it listed in my medical "patient has an excellent sense of humor"...i'm glad someone else thinks i'm funny because usually i just get blank looks *L*

to the rest of you, thanks. icandoit congrats on 20 years!

Thank you. We have been married 15 last month and it will be 20 years together in Oct. I remember when 6 weeks with a guy felt like forever
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Welcome and best of luck on your journey!! :)
This discussion has been closed.