Anyone tried Zumba 2 (Wii)?

Options
mazdauk
mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
OK I'm doing my second Zumba class tonight (I love it - especially the number of calories it burns!!) and wondered if anyone had the Zumba Wii game.

I quite fancy it, as a change from aerobic/toning DVDs but my main concerns are 1) is it as easy to follow as someone jumping about in front? 2) how easy is it to set routines and 3) do you need a lot of space? My actual available floor space is not much more than 6' x 4' adn when I'm doing my workout DVDs I have to be careful where I position myself eg for raising arms in the air (low light fitting).

Thanks all!

Replies

• mazdauk
    Options
    Anybody? Someone must have tried it!!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Never tried it, but from what I've seen around the forums, the games are a lot different to the real thing. Apparently, they're boring in comparison. No idea why though, possibly because you're not in a room full of people who are as bad as coordination as you are.
  • Elizabeth200193
    Options
    Hi :)

I've got zumba core and i love it, it burns loads of calories and I hardly notice! I dont think you need too much floor space on mine there is more on the spot moves, I always found it easy to learn the routines because they have hints in the top right about what move is coming up next. also it is easy to set routines by going on custom then clicking the song you want in the order you want them then name it and save it and its ready to go :)
    I cant say how different it is from a real class however as I've never done one, always far too uncoordinated/unfit to dare a live class yet.
  • Vix8231
    Vix8231 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi I've got the Zumba dance (think it's the 1st one) for Wii - tried it at the start of my weightloss journey but due to a knee injury I couldn't keep it up. Hoping to start it again in the near future as getting much better on the old pins....
    It's not boring as long as you don't miss the people aspect - I couldn't face going to a group session so this was ideal for me but if you like the group connection then you may find it a bit more dull.
    The more moves you get (kind of vaguely) right, the more people join your zumba party - it's a fun one to do if you have visiting family - even with a little room you can play one person at a time and laugh with each other.
    My usual at the moment with the wii though is to do the wii fit plus - great games again to get the family or friends involved with and we even set each other mini challenges
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have the Zumba Wii dance games and all of the Just Dance Games and I love them!!! I have been to classes and found that i didnt move as energetically n classes because i am aware of all the other people in better shape than me. I lost over 30lb last year watching what I ate and doing the wii games 3 times a week, This was over a 6 month period.

I ALWAYS struggle to go out to exercise because once i am home I do not want to leave the house again after a hard days work so this beats all that and I can exercise infront of the tv. I am surrounded by furniture and never struggle for space.
  • npetercmway
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 for the Wii and I love it. I love that I can customize the workout to my time frame available. I pull together the different songs/routines I like and have different workouts of different lengths all set to go for what time I have available. I got the Zumba Core for Christmas but have only used it once so far.
  • Rigi8
    Rigi8 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've tried it and still do it. The wii game obviously is not as good as the real thing but depending on how much you wish to throw yourself into it you will still burn some calories. Space is not too much of a problem as my room is small with low light fittings but I dance around them. I like the fact that you are given goals to aim for - the more energetic you are for more 'stars' you get.

In my book any means that gets you moving must be good. :laugh:
  • natm91
    natm91 Posts: 39
    Options
    I have zumba for the wii and love it you only need space if your move around a lot but my floor space isn't much more than you and i manage. Its good fun and the calories it burns is amazing i would recommend this any day :)
  • mazdauk
    Options
    Thanks all! I love the Zumba class - I go with my friend - but I'd like something to do on the other days. Most of the other local classes are in inconvenient locations or awkward times (6pm on a Sunday - that's wine o'clock!!)
    I'm doing quite a bit of Rosemary Conley stuff but I like to mix it up a bit - there's only so much I can take!. I'm also looking for something my 13-year-old son might enjoy - he quite liked the Salsacise DVD but I don't really burn enough calories on that. I've got "Lets dance on Broadway" for Wii but I find it a bit annoying that they use cover versions (and not particularly good ones - often a bit slow) and you can't preset the order - you have to keep scrolling through. Its quite good fun though.

I think we might have some credit on our Game card.......

For those who are worried about clases, Zumba is a lot less "you're not doing it right" than aerobics - our teacher explains which moves burn the most fat but always says "as long as you're moving it doesn't really matter". My friend is always facing the wrong way or waving the wrong arm but its so much fun we just alugh. And there are seriousl ALL SORTS of shapes in various garments - big t-shirts, crop tops, leggings, shorts, running tights, jeans - no fashion parade, no sea of lycra! I'm about in the middle for size but lots of the bigger ladies really jump about (which I can't due to knees).
  • mazdauk
    Options
    P.S. just ordered from Amazon from £15.03. Bargain!!