Aargh!

Options
I decided to have a Biggest Loser Spring Break. I had a little more than a week and my goal was to lose three pounds, putting me below 200 and at a 10% loss since starting. I did at least two workouts a day for nine days straight. On the tenth day, I went sailing in high winds and wore myself out even more than three workouts. On the eleventh day, I decided to rest, but my partner invited me for a walk and we couldn't just stroll past the fitness stations...

The entire week, I stuck to my normal calorie goals of 1500-1600, so I wasn't eating back all of the calories.

Today, I go back to campus, so I weighed in. My weight is exactly the same as it was 12 days ago. I am hopefully a little stronger and a little fitter, but the scale denies all my hard work. I knew I should have gone out for a DQ Blizzard on Friday!

Replies

• VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Keep your head high and keep up the good work!! It will eventually payoff!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Keep your head high and keep up the good work!! It will eventually payoff!!

Thanks! I am back to my normal routine now, and hopefully back to averaging 2lbs./ week.
  • boogiewoogiekar
    Options
    Remember, you are stronger now! Keep at it! I have given up before and it's just not worth it.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a little rest and then weigh yourself again. You may be retaining some water as your muscles repair themselves from those intense workouts.
  • concordancia
    Options
    Well, tomorrow is my usual weigh in day.

If going back to normal doesn't work, we are going put of town this weekend and I am sure to up my calories by eating out. It might come out in the wash, though as I have to fast tomorrow for testing on Friday morning.
  • concordancia
    Options
    Oh, well, maybe I will start losing again next week...when I am PMSing...I guess I just have to settle in and accept that I am going to be stuck here for awhile :(