I have a QUESTION.

vhuber
vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have a question. When wearing a HRM and you push start and let's say your HR is 80bpm and you do a high intensity workout like Insanity then when your workout is done, Do you count the calorie burn when you are finished with the workout OR when your HR has gone back to where it was when you started the workout????? For some that may take awhile but for others that are in pretty good shape I know it returns alot faster!!!

Replies

• MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    I personally keep it on until my heart rate returns to normal. Simply because (lets use running as an example) I know I don't stop burning calories as soon as my feet come to a stop.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    You can do whatever you want. At that point, you are just making up a number anyway.
  • summersmi
    summersmi Posts: 50 Member
    You will most likely burn calories for some time after a very intense workout but it is better when watching you calorie count to be a little conservative. I do this even though I am doing some weight training and building muscle, it helps to keep me honest (with myself at least).
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    You can do whatever you want. At that point, you are just making up a number anyway.
    oh thanks Az!!
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Hey Verda! For whatever reason I wait until it goes down to 100. Usually, like w/Insanity, by the time the cool down is over I am right around 100 so it works out. But I don't hang around in my workout room waiting for it to get back to 51 or whatever...mostly b/c I'm not a patient person & I want to take my HRM off & leave it in my workout room! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.