GIRLS ONLY - Monthly weight question.

Options
13»

Replies

• kazlee66
    kazlee66 Posts: 25
    Options
    Absolutely... Even if it's "present" at the time i know it's coming that day since my weight just goes straight up. I hate it but i guess that's just part of being a female i guess. the only thing i guess we can do is to plan somewhat for it and just do what we can.
  • nicmcgoo
    nicmcgoo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Omg, I really needed to read this. I am a newbie and never even thought about this, I start tomorrow and was up 6 lbs this am... So freaked out! Lol!!!
  • gapm
    gapm Posts: 48
    Options
    Yes, BUT I've found extra calcium around that time helps. Less extra weight when I'm drinking skim milk with ovaltine or eating fruit with nonfat yogurt after workouts.
    Back when I had a menstrual cycle, I used to take 1000 mg calcium daily in the form of Tums because I heard that calcium helped regulate cramps and mood swings associated with a woman's menstrual cycle. It worked for me. I would be curious to know if it helps with the extra weight. Since I am postmenopausal, I have no way to check that out.
  • EmmaReed84
    EmmaReed84 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I also put on weight about that time as well. I also get a massive sweet craving! I will be making my kids dinner and opening up cupboards to see what I can find.

On occasion I had had about three spoons of chocolate spread, one of my kids lollypops, a Muller crunch corner yoghurt and a fairy cake! That was in just 20 minutes... about 30 minutes after that I felt so sick LOL!! But I just can't help myself! I am getting better with the sweet craving though and it only happens once during my cycle, but boy is it a massive craving!
  • skyan
    skyan Posts: 12
    Options
    My weight usually goes up around 10lbs throughout, but drops right after - just have to give it 2-3 days. It's mostly water wight for me. I crave soda usually, lol.
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    I've gone up 6 pounds! Not fun, but if you stay consistent with eating and exercise, it comes back off
  • oncearound
    oncearound Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I always want to eat my arm because I am so hungry 7-10 days before my period. And when the feeling hits, I refuse to weigh myself until about day 3-4 of my period. I used to weigh myself and I will actually put on between 5-7 pounds that would magically be gone by day 3-4. It would depress me during a time when I am already irritable so I put my scale away and pray that the weight isn't hanging around. The hard part, for me anyway, is to NOT give in to the "hunger" and binge on anything and everything.
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yes, anything from 1lb - 5lbs. Totally normal, but annoying!!!! I do weigh during this time but tend not to record the weigh-in that week or at least for a few days until things have settled back down. I find drinking extra water during this time helps things get back to normal faster.