Hypothyroidism Help!

Options
I have gone from 118 lbs in January of 2013 to 137 lbs on March 18th. I have hypothyroidism. I walk at least three miles 3x's a week and run at least 3 miles per day 3x's per week. I live in an apartment on the third floor with no elevator so am constantly taking the stairs. I feel like i have great endurance. I am very active... hiking, swimming...anything out doors. My calorie intake is at or near 1200 calories daily... I currently take thyroid medication at 2gr daily. I am doing everything in my power to maintain my weight, yet it continues to rise. I feel the depression from not being able to wear my clothes and feeling ugly, even stress about being intimate with my boyfriend. I'm 5 feet tall...

Has anyone heard much about Cortisol? Could this be part of the issue? The foods I enjoy are Meats, vegetables, I don't care much for breads or deserts, or even pastas. I no longer eat after 7pm either.

Please help! I don't know what to do at this point except give up.

Replies

• Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Have you had your levels checked recently? It could be that you've had a shift and need a tweak of your meds.

I was taking the same dosage of meds for years and then something shifted and they needed to be changed. Luckily for me, my first symptom when things are off is hair loss. If I notice my hair falling out more than normal I get to the doctor right away for a blood test before things get too far out of control.