Need to eat more, but how?

Options
2»

Replies

• meet_my_goal
    Options
    I've had this problem at times. I'm now on the other end of the spectrum... not eating enough food-using my values in what I do eat-still feeling hungry. An MFP friend recommended that I plan out my food the night before, which I currently do but never plugged the numbers in, in advance. I'm going to try this and I think it will help you as well. You already have a general idea of what workout/exercise you are going to perform each day and what you'll be burning so with that in mind you can build your menu, getting closer to what you're supposed to consume or take in. I, too, am going to try protein shakes. Shakes I don't mind, just not in the mornings. Good luck!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You don't have to "literally" eat back your exercise calories i.e. go to the gym, burn off 500 calories, come home and eat something worth 500 calories on top of your planned meals for the day.

Simply factor the extra 500 across the day and enjoy bigger portions!

You could also figure out your TDEE and eat 15-20% under that number and then not have to worry about logging exercise or eating exercise calories back. Also, OP, you should open up your diary so we can see what choices you make and see what changes you can make to add more calorie dense foods.
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Amber,

Your diary is closed, so I can nto see what you are doing now.

Add some almonds (or other nuts) to your diet. They are VERY good for you, and higher in Calorie. IF you only have a little to lose, 2 lbs per week is too high of a goal, especially if you are working out. I would scale up your calories some and shoot for no more than 1 lbs a week.

Tracking is a Great tool, and should be done, even when you hit your goal. We often lose sight of what we eat, and tracking keeps us in tune with what we put into our bodies!

Good Luck!
  • amber_michelle30
    amber_michelle30 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Amber,

Your diary is closed, so I can nto see what you are doing now.

Add some almonds (or other nuts) to your diet. They are VERY good for you, and higher in Calorie. IF you only have a little to lose, 2 lbs per week is too high of a goal, especially if you are working out. I would scale up your calories some and shoot for no more than 1 lbs a week.

Tracking is a Great tool, and should be done, even when you hit your goal. We often lose sight of what we eat, and tracking keeps us in tune with what we put into our bodies!

Good Luck!

Ok, I'm going to open it up...don't judge me on this past weekend though lol.