Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Exercise question

Hi,

I have just started using this App again as I have stopped losing weight (lost 3 stone last year and so far nothing really this year). When I put in my calories burnt during exercise for the day, do I have to eat those extra calories or not?

Thanks,

CM

Replies

• At first, maybe try finding out calories burned then put them in where you put food notes. See how you feel after a week and if the weight is coming off. If you are stalling or you are very hungry and tired, then try eating more.

If you are doing a lot of strenuous exercise like spinning class or insanity or P90X, your body will tell you when you need more calories. Then it would be best if you upped the calories but eat something really clean like fruit, veg or a handful of nuts.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    it really depends on whether you use MFP caloric calculations or if you set your own with TDEE. Tdee...do not eat them back. MFP...eat them back
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Totally your decision. There are no hard and fast rules.