excercise goals?

donna56
donna56 Posts: 412
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
My exercise goals are set lower than what I am actually doing since I started dancing here at home, alone. Should I make my goals higher then they are? I was just going to leave them like they are but I want to make sure I do this right. It has become very important to me that I lose weight. I am not sure that I will be burning that many calories or excercising because I don't know that I will be dancing each and everyday. I have my workout days down as 5. MFP has me down for burning 1050 calories a week and I have already burned 1419 calories and still have tomorrow to go. So.... should I change them, or leave them like they are? Thank you, Donna

Replies

• tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    I'd wait a couple of weeks and see how it goes!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Leave 'em! Mine are set at 1,590 and right now I've already burned 2,000 and am going to be close to 3,000 by week's end, Sometimes I have an off week where I can't burn as many calories as I'd like (I like to hit closer to 3k) but as long as I get my weekly goal, I'm happy, so I don't raise mine just because of that.
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Leave 'em! Mine are set at 1,590 and right now I've already burned 2,000 and am going to be close to 3,000 by week's end, Sometimes I have an off week where I can't burn as many calories as I'd like (I like to hit closer to 3k) but as long as I get my weekly goal, I'm happy, so I don't raise mine just because of that.

Thanks, it deffinately seems to be working for you. Good job.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Your exercise goals are not taken into account for your caloric allotment so there is not need to change them from a nutrition stand point but if you want to to motivate yourself to burn more feel free.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Thanks, it deffinately seems to be working for you. Good job.

Definitely! Thanks! Sometimes you have off-weeks and sometimes you have weeks where you can't seem to get away from calorie burning!!! It really depends on how hard my workouts end up being...you never know what kind of "day" it'll be! :happy: Mine was originally set at 1,640. Once I dropped down lower, I changed my goals and it dropped to 1,590 but I haven't been burning any less calories just because I love to work out!! So it works out in the end.
This discussion has been closed.