Need quick breakfast

Options
Any ideas for QUICK and EASY breakfast??

Replies

• sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    you mean something you can travel with? fruit, yogurt, toast, boiled eggs, smoothie (if you make it the night before) eggo wheat waffles, and a bowl of cereal if your not running out the door.
  • NancyStree
    NancyStree Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    oatmeal...
    egg sandwhich with canadian bacan
    scrambled eggs in a tortilla
  • ilonawie
    ilonawie Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    you mean something you can travel with?

something that I can make in 10 min...I work really early and usually don't have much time to prepare something healthy
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Protein shake with fruit

Scrambled egss with veggies ( only takes a couple of minutes to cook)

Make the pancakes below ahead of time and toss warm them up ( toaster or toaster oven) when you want some

Oatmeal Protein Pancakes 1 cup raw oats 1 scoop Protein Powder 3 egg whites 1/4 cup water 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon 2 packets sweetener 1 1/2 tsp baking powder Directions 1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds. 2. Pour onto a hot grill and cook like a normal pancake. I don't add the sweetener but have added sliced banana and blueberries

Greek Yogurt and fruit

Oatmeal with a tbsp of peanut butter and some cinnamon ( don't knock it until you try it)
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs. I love these for breaky. Because I am never hungry when I wake up--but instead get hungry around 9am (already at work), I keep loads of peeled hard boiled eggs in my fridge and pop them in my lunch bag. Also a fantastic snack when I am feeling a little low on energy. I usually pair it with a peice of fruit! Protien in the morning is important to me because I think it helps set me up for the day!
  • ilonawie
    Options
    oatmeal...
    egg sandwhich with canadian bacan
    scrambled eggs in a tortilla

Thanks Nancy!
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My new fave is cottage cheese with a sliced banana and 1 tsp drizzled honey. YUMMYYYY!! Use any fruit but bananas really are the best with this combo! :tongue:
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I make a protien smoothie with fruits and yogurt and protien powder.. five minutes tops...
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    45g (1/2 cup) Oatmeal (I use Bob's Red Mill GF)
    32g (2TBS) Peanut Butter (Maranatha Roasted is phenomenal)
    4oz (1/2 cup) Almond Milk (Silk Vanilla Unsweetened)
    65g Blackberries

Sooooo delicious. It is like PB&J oatmeal heaven. With those exact ingredients, there are 403 wholesome calories!

Just pop it in the microwave for a minute, stir, add the blackberries, and enjoy!
  • meagtheleo
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 an apple chopped
    1 pk stevia
    few dashes of cinnamon

Its like apple pie!!! SO SCRUMPTIOUS!
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Eggs, pancakes, instant oatmeal, there are plenty of microwaveable breakfast biscuits you can get too.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    boiled eggs, scrambled eggs in the microwave, cottage cheese, fruit, yogurt, granola, cereal.
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast:

Thaw one cup frozen blueberries...(or cherries or fav fruit)
    slice in one small banana
    add 100-150 grams of greek yogurt (your choice- I do plain or a flavor...)
    add 15 grams (.5 serving) of a fiber cereal/low cal granola)
    10-12 almonds.

Eat.Yummo!
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I've been making breakfast burrito's on the weekends & freezing them. Pop them in the microwave & your good to go.
  • ilonawie
    Options
    All sounds delicous! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Costco - 3 pound bag Cascadia Farms of organic berries - keep in freezer and defrost small portions in 25 seconds! I eat about 1 cup each morning - ~ 80 cals. High antioxidants.

Quick protein: LOVE TURKEY BACON! I like organic Wellshire Farms or Applegate (Whole Foods item) or Fresh Market uncured turkey bacon. 2 minutes in microwave.
  • ww1900
    ww1900 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    yeah, like everyone has said, oatmeal...I've been getting these precooked steel cut oatmeal microwaveable bowls (brand name minsley) and they are awesome.. takes 1 minute, 170 calories, filling, and I don't have to wash the bowl :-) amazon has them

also, regular old cereal is always quick. just make sure you measure out an actual serving....that was my biggest pre-mfp mistake! I'd fill the big bowl to the top, put a couple of cups of milk in, and think I was eating alright.
  • jagi410
    jagi410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Do you have a small crockpot? I make steel cut oatmeal overnight. 1 cup of SC oats and 4 cups of water, put crockpot on low and let it cook overnight. It'll be ready when you are in the morning. That makes 4 servings, so you'll have some leftovers for the rest of the week. Add berries, bananas, protein powder, etc to change it up so it's not the same old stuff everyday.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I made an egg in the hole this morning. I thought it was going to taste too plain, but surprisingly it was really good. You make a circular hole in a piece of bread with a small cup. Then, melt a little butter on a frying pan, throw the bread in and inside of the hole crack an egg. Cook the egg thoroughly like you normally would, you can even flip it over while its in the bread. Sprinkle some slat and pepper and wa-la! :D it looked so plain to me, I thought it was just going to be a meh breakfast, I really enjoyed it though. Add some fruit and 5 minute breakfast. You can add shredded cheese on top of the egg as well. :D avacado sounds yummy as well.
  • stratcat45
    stratcat45 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When I'm in a hurry:

yogurt
    100 cal. pack Emerald nuts
    banana