Cheese Estimation!

I eat a 5 egg white omelet almost every morning from my work cafeteria and alternate between their mozz-cheese and cheddar-cheese...

I've been trying to glance at how much they put in and estimate based off that for my journal... but wanted a second opinion on my estimation!

About how many calories/g of Fat for cheddar/mozz is a handful of cheese (lol)?
*When it's spread over my omelet, it looks like maybe 1.5 slices melted? Maybe?

I just wanted to have confidence in what I log for cheese for the meal because i literally eat it like EVERYDAY... Might as well be right...

Replies

• cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Looked up "calories in shredded cheese" & this is what it said. A handfull may be closer to 1/2 cup, just ask them to grab some & Measure it for ya..good luck.

cubes, but also in containers of cheese that has already been shredded in advance. If you're calorie conscious, you might want to know how many the typical 1/4-cup serving of shredded cheddar cheese contains.

Kraft
    Kraft offers mild to, sharp and extra-sharp cheddar, all of which contain 110 calories per 28 grams -- or 1/4-cup serving. Cracker Barrel extra-sharp, reduced-fat shredded cheddar contains 80 calories per 1/4-cup serving.

Sargento
    Sargento is another popular brand of cheese offering shredded cheddar. A typical 1/4-cup serving of any variety of shredded cheddar, whether sharp or mild, contains 110 calories. Sargento also sells a reduced-fat version of the shredded mild cheddar cheese, which contains only 90 calories per 1/4-cup serving.

Tillamook
    Tillamook produces many shredded cheddar varieties as well. Its mild, medium and smoked shredded cheddar all contain 110 calories per 1/4-cup serving. The low-fat, medium shredded cheddar has 90 calories per 1/4 cup.

Sponsored Links

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/297135-how-many-calories-are-in-14-cup-of-shredded-cheddar-cheese/#ixzz2NuD183Z9
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Shredded cheese its probably 1 serving.. which is about 28g.. Just search for any type of cheese and add it.. Not the low fat stuff cause I am sure they don't use that.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    You could ask them. I bet they've been given a guideline of how much cheese to use to stay in budget.